Qualified Social Worker/ Senior Practitioner - Children in Care
This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
Salary:£28,485.00 - £37,306.00
Location:Quayside House, Quay Street, Gloucester - GL1 2JU
Closing date:25 January 2017 at midnight
Qualified Social Worker / Senior Practitioner – Children in Care
Are you an experienced social worker looking to utilise your knowledge of frontline practice to enable children to achieve permanence?
Our Children in Care Permanence Team supporting under 11’s works closely with colleagues across Children’s Service, carers and families to ensure children are placed in the right long term placement, are supported to achieve their potential and understand their story.
Current opportunities available:
Team: Children in Care Permanence Team
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Part Time / Full Time
- You will be HCPC registered
- Knowledge of adoption processes
- Recent statutory experience working with children in care
- The ability and confidence to produce quality focussed and child centred reports to support care planning.
- Passionate about achieving the best outcomes for children through direct work
- Understanding of the need for collaborative working to match children with prospective adopters and foster carers within agreed timescales
- Ambition, creativity and enthusiasm for all children in care, improving outcomes and ensuring effective transitions
- Recent experience of care proceedings and completion of court reports
- Nationally recognised Masterclasses
- A comprehensive training programme
- A detailed career pathway
- A competitive relocation package of up to £5000
At Gloucestershire County Council children and families are at the heart of everything we do. We pride ourselves on building relationships, challenging preconceptions and assumptions to understand the lived experiences of children. Reflective practice and continual professional development is a priority across the service to enable us to grow and develop. So, if just like us, you’re passionate and committed to improving the lived experience of our children across Gloucestershire, we’d love to hear from you.
If you are interested in other Social Work opportunities at Gloucestershire County Council don’t forget to review our Disabled Children and Young People Services, Children in Care and Children in Care and Care Leavers and Children’s Safeguarding opportunities.
Gloucestershire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people or vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to a DBS check.
For more information about GCC’s Children’s Services and our teams visit: www.gccsocialcarejobs.co.uk or follow our Principal Social Workers @GlosPSW
For further information please contact Rob Tyrrell firstname.lastname@example.org 01452 427703
We value diversity in our workforce and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
It is a legal requirement, under the Immigration Act 2016, that anyone appointed to a ‘customer facing role’ must be able to demonstrate an ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in fluent English.
Below you will also find links to the Job Profile and Guidance Notes. Click ‘Apply’ to continue.
If you have any difficulty completing the on-line application form, or require this document in another format, please contact us and we can discuss your needs and provide help. Telephone 01452 425888, option 2 then option 1 or email ContactUs@gloucestershire.gov.uk
If you wish to apply for this position on a secondment basis, please obtain approval from your current line manager that you may be released on a secondment before submitting an application form.