Enablement Co-ordinator (Gloucester)
Salary:£22,911.00 - £25,295.00
Location:Shire Hall Complex, Gloucester - GL1 2TP
Closing date:01 March 2020 at midnight
Come along to our Adult Social Care Career Evening where you can find out more about our Enablement Coordinator roles. Please access information to our event here.
Are you passionate about working with people to promote independence and dedicated to making a difference? Then we would love to hear from you!
About the role:
We have three full time Enablement Coordinator positions available in our Enablement Service, based in Gloucester. The Enablement Service support and encourage adults with disabilities to develop daily living skills and make valuable connections in their home and community.
As an Enablement Coordinator, you will ensure the delivery of effective, person centred approaches to individuals who are eligible for support, and focus on maximising their independence. You should be able to gather information accurately and concisely to support with preparing reports that reflect an individual’s needs. This role is ideal for someone with great communication skills and for someone who can prioritise and manage their own time confidently. It is also important that the successful candidate continues to develop and maintain good working relationships with outside partnerships, in order to signpost individuals as required.
As part of the role, you will also be responsible for working at the Gloucester Drop In at Gloucester Library. The Drop Ins are a free, walk in service that support vulnerable adults who need some help with or advice about day to day life. For more information on the Drop Ins and other support services the Enablement Service provides, please visit https://www.yourcircle.org.uk/
Or, for an informal discussion about the role, please email ASCrecruitment@gloucestershire.gov.uk to arrange a convenient time for a call back.
In the Enablement Service, we understand the work you do on a daily basis and provide the support you need to make a difference to the people of Gloucestershire. To join us, you must have:
- Ability to work to the standard of NVQ 3 or other Social Care qualifications
- Training related to Health and Social Care
- Experience of working with individuals who need support to achieve outcomes
- Evidence of good interpersonal skills and good verbal / written communication
- Good IT skills, specifically Microsoft Office and an ability to use and learn in-house systems
Gloucestershire County Council Adult Social Care is on an exciting innovation journey working towards the Three Conversation approach, a model that re-emphasises focus on people, their strengths and the networks and community around them.Our Enablement Coordinators do all they can to make the difference to local communities in Gloucestershire. Here are some of the benefits we offer in return for your hard work:
- Regular formal and informal support
- Safe, supportive and positive working environment with regular, robust supervision
- Access to mandatory training and additional topical bi-annual workshops.
- Annual leave up to 29.5 days after 5 years employment
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Staff discount scheme that offers access to great savings including discounts with major supermarket chains and high street retailers
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) that provides free, confidential, counselling and advice for employees, available 24 hours a day, online and by telephone.
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Links to employee networks such as Prism (LGBT+) network and the Young Employees Network.
- An Enhanced DBS check will be completed on your behalf.
We’re closer than you think:
We are an easy commute from many locations, view our commuting times map to see what we mean. However, we understand that commuting isn’t for everyone, so if you are in the process of relocating, why not email us to discuss opportunities further.To join a locally award winning team, click “Apply” today! You will also find links to the Job Profile and Guidance Notes below.
Are you passionate about working with people to promote independence and dedicated to making a difference?