Shared Lives Officer
This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
Salary:£26,511.00 - £29,577.00
Location:Shire Hall Westgate Street Gloucester - GL1 2TG
Closing date:01 March 2020 at midnight
Come along to our Adult Social Care Career Evening where you can find out more about our Shared Lives roles. Please access the information to our event here.
Are you passionate about working with people to achieve positive outcomes and dedicated to making a difference?
About the role:
We have full time Shared Lives Officer positions available in our Shared Lives Service based in Shire Hall, Gloucester. Shared Lives is a service where someone with assessed needs aged 18 and over can be supported for a few hours, a few days or live on a long-term basis with a Shared Lives Carer in their home as part of the family.
As a Shared Lives Officer, you will, under supervision, support, monitor and develop the skills of Shared Lives Carers in Gloucestershire and recruit, assess and train people to become Carers. As part of the role, you will also match and make new placements through the referral process in liaison with care managers. You will have your own caseload which you will hold on a long-term basis, so you can develop strong working relationships with Shared Lives Carers to enable them to provide exceptional support in a family environment.
As a Shared Lives Officer you will also actively promote the service as well as support the scheme with any ongoing projects.
Or, for an informal discussion about the role, please email ASCrecruitment@gloucestershire.gov.uk to arrange a convenient time for a call back.
In the Shared Lives Service, we understand the work you do on a daily basis and provide the support you need to make a difference to the people of Gloucestershire. To join us, you must have:
- 5 GCSE’s grade A-C (including English and Maths) or equivalent
- Experience of working in a Health/ Social Care Setting
- Ability to manage own workload and maintain professional working relationships
- Evidence of good interpersonal skills and good verbal / written communication.
- Good IT skills, specifically Microsoft Office and an ability to use and learn in-house systems.
Gloucestershire County Council Adult Social Care is on an exciting innovation journey working towards the Three Conversation approach, a model that re-emphasises focus on people, their strengths and the networks and community around them.
Our Shared Lives Officers do all they can to make the difference to local communities in Gloucestershire. Here are some of the benefits we offer in return for your hard work:
- Regular formal and informal support
- Safe, supportive and positive working environment with regular, robust supervision
- Access to mandatory training and additional topical bi-annual workshops
- Annual leave up to 29.5 days after 5 years employment
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Staff discount scheme that offers access to great savings including discounts with major supermarket chains and high street retailers
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) that provides free, confidential, counselling and advice for employees, available 24 hours a day, online and by telephone
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Links to employee networks such as Prism (LGBT+) network and the Young Employees Network.
We’re closer than you think:
We are an easy commute from many locations, view our commuting times map to see what we mean. However, we understand that commuting isn’t for everyone, so if you are in the process of relocating, why not email us to discuss opportunities further.
To join a locally award winning team, click “Apply” today! You will also find links to the Job Profile and Guidance Notes below.
This position is subject to a DBS check.
Gloucestershire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people or vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We value diversity in our workforce and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
It is a legal requirement, under the Immigration Act 2016, that anyone appointed to a ‘customer facing role’ must be able to demonstrate an ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in fluent English.
Below you will also find links to the Job Profile and Guidance Notes. Click ‘Apply’ to continue.
Only if you have difficulty accessing the information published online should you contact GCC Appointments & People Sourcing Team by telephone 01452-425888 or e-mail to ContactUs@gloucestershire.gov.uk quoting the vacancy reference number above.
If you wish to apply for this position on a secondment basis, please obtain approval from your current line manager that you may be released on a secondment before submitting an application form.