Adoption Social Worker - Adoption West
This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
Salary: £32,910 - £34,728 per annum
Location:Gloucester - GL1 2TP
Closing date:06 December 2020 at midnight
This is not a Gloucestershire County Council vacancy therefore please contact the organisation direct for further information.
Adoption West is a regional adoption agency and registered voluntary adoption agency providing adoption services for Bath & North East Somerset, Bristol, Gloucestershire, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and Wiltshire Councils. Adoption West operates out of three hubs across the region, with offices based in Bristol, Gloucester and Trowbridge.
This is an exciting time to join Adoption West as we build on our first year of operation and progress our commitment to improve performance and develop innovative best practice. We are looking to recruit a Team Manager to the Gloucester Hub.
We are looking to recruit a full time Social Worker for the Recruitment and Assessment service based in the Gloucester office and undertake assessments across Gloucestershire and South Gloucester. A job share may be considered.
- Is an organisation with a wealth of experience and has a learning culture, committed to enabling the post holder to grow and develop in their rol
- Provides support through supervision and trainin
- Welcomes applications from newly qualified social worker
- Offers flexible working arrangements, including job share
- Provides a Local Government Pension Scheme and access to the Child Care vouchers scheme
As a Recruitment and Assessment Social Worker you will need:
- A Social Work Qualification (degree or equivalent) and current registration with Social Work Englan
- Experience of working as a Social Worker with families or childre
- An understanding of early life experiences such as trauma or abuse and the impact they can have on children and young people throughout their live
- The ability to analyse complex information to make recommendations and informed decision
- The ability to work as part of a team, sharing knowledge and managing case
- The ability to use your own initiative and work independentl
- Experience of managing your own caseload and working to deadline
- You will need to be able to travel around the hub area and on occasions across the region and so must be able to drive and have access to your own vehicle
If you have the experience, skills, knowledge and enthusiasm we are seeking and are looking for a new challenge then we look forward to hearing from you.
Unless otherwise indicated, all interviews are held virtually on Microsoft Teams or by phone where this is not possible. Candidates will be sent a link before interview to download the Teams App.
Find out more and apply
For an informal discussion please contact Recruiting Manager, Ann Smith. Email: Ann.Smith@adoptionwest.co.uk.
- Membership of a professional body or association. The job holder is responsible for payment of all professional fees, memberships, registrations or subscriptions and no reimbursement or contribution towards these will be provided by Adoption West
- This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and will require an Enhanced DBS check before appointment can be confirmed
- Confidentiality: Employees are expected to maintain the required level of confidentiality at all times in relation to their work
Please download and read the role description and person specification carefully before you apply (see below), as well as our values and behaviours framework (Approximately half of all interview questions relate to the framework).
You can then make your application online by clicking the apply button at the bottom of this web page. If you are submitting a CV please ensure you read our CV and cover letter criteria carefully to avoid your CV being rejected.
All candidates are assessed against the Council’s Behaviours Framework (available below) during the interviewing process. Approximately half of all questions relate to the framework.