Deputy Team Manager - Adoption West
Salary: £38,890 - £40,876 pro rata
Employment Type:Fixed Term
Location:Bristol - See Advert
Closing date:28 January 2021 at midnight
This is not a Gloucestershire County Council vacancy therefore please contact Adoption West direct for further information.
Adoption Deputy Team Manager - 18 month temporary contract working 18.5 hours per week.
Adoption West is a regional Adoption Agency and registered Voluntary agency providing adoption services for Bath & North East Somerset, Bristol, Gloucestershire, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and Wiltshire Councils. Adoption West operates out of 3 hubs across the region, with offices based in Bristol, Gloucester and Trowbridge.
This is an exciting time to join Adoption West, as a relatively new organisation, in our commitment to improve performance and develop innovative best practice. We are looking to recruit a Deputy Team Manager to the Bristol Hub.
As the Deputy Team Manager you will be primarily responsible for:
- The recruitment and assessment of prospective adopter
- The provision of a duty system, first contact for all enquires to the hub offic
- Supervision of social worker
- Developing practic
- Deputising in the Team Managers absence
You will be based in Bond building in Bristol, although in current circumstances working from home. You will need to be able to travel around the hub area and on occasions across the region and so must be able to drive and have access to your own vehicle. You will report to the Team Manager and your principal role is to support the service in the delivery and development of effective adoption services, in accordance with Adoption Standards and Regulations.
You will need:
- A Social Work Qualification (degree or equivalent) and current registration with Social Work Englan
- At least two years’ experience relevant to adoption within the past five years
- Experience of providing supervision and/or mentoring of staff or student
- Knowledge and experience of childcare law and practice.
- Is an organisation with a wealth of experience and has a learning culture, committed to enabling the post holder to grow and develop in their rol
- Provides support through supervision and training
- Offers flexible working arrangement
- Provides a Local Government Pension Scheme and access to the Child Care vouchers scheme
f you have the experience, skills, knowledge and enthusiasm we are seeking and are looking for a new challenge then we look forward to hearing from you.
Interviews will take place on Friday 5th February 2021.Unless otherwise indicated, all interviews are held virtually on Microsoft Teams or by phone where this is not possible. Candidates will be sent a link before interview to download the Teams App.
For further information please contact Anjali Gupta Bristol Hub Team Manager, Adoption West on 07395 798092 or via email Anjali.email@example.com