Adoption Support Workers - Adoption West
This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
Salary: £22,627 - £24,491 per annum (pro rata)
Employment Type:Fixed Term
Location:Bristol, Gloucester or Trowbridge - GL1 2TP
Closing date:21 September 2020 at midnight
Please note this is not a Gloucestershire County Council vacancy
Temporary/fixed term - 18 months
Full Time/part time hours considered
Adoption West is a regional Adoption Agency and registered Voluntary Adoption Agency providing adoption services for Bath & North East Somerset, Bristol, Gloucestershire, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and Wiltshire Councils.
Adoption West operates out of 3 hubs across the region, with offices based in Bristol, Gloucester and Trowbridge
This is an exciting time to join Adoption West as we build on our first year of operation and progress our commitment to improve performance and develop innovative best practice. We are looking to recruit two FTE Support Workers:
Bristol Hub Office – supporting adoption support services for families in the Bristol and North Somerset areas. You will need to be able to travel around the region and so must be able to drive and have access to your own vehicle.
Regional Family Finding Team - supporting the family finding team in matching children with adoptive families. You can be based in any of our three hub offices, Bristol, Gloucester or Trowbridge. You will need to be able to travel around the region and so must be able to drive and have access to your own vehicle.
Please state on your application which Team you are applying for.
The Support Worker post provides essential support to the Adoption Service activity. The tasks that you will undertake includes letter box and direct contact between adoptive families and birth families, direct work with children and young people, and assessment information gathering.
You may assist with the home finding process by completing profiles of children who enquire an adoption placement. The support given by this group of staff is essential to the Adoption Support SW task.
They are often the first point of contact for calls to the teams, providing a supportive responsive to adoptive families on a range of issues, they take referral details, enter onto appropriate IT systems and pass to the Adoption Team Manager /Deputy Team Manager
You will need:
- A levels / National Diploma or equivalent experience/skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work on own initiative against deadline
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Proven negotiation skills especially when working with customers who may be upset and stresse
- Self-sufficient in planning and organising own work, including recording, storing and retrieving required data and information
- Aware of Government initiatives in relation to Adoption best practice and procedures. To be an active team player by contributing to the development of the service, ensuring the customer is always at the centre of such development
- Good I.T. skill
- Fluent in English
- Is an organisation with a wealth of experience and has a learning culture, committed to enabling the post holder to grow and develop in their role
- Provides support through supervision and training
- Welcomes applications from newly qualified social worker
- Offers flexible working arrangements, including job share
- Provides a Local Government Pension Scheme and access to the Child Care vouchers scheme
If you have the experience, skills, knowledge and enthusiasm we are seeking and are looking for a new challenge then we look forward to hearing from you.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, as an employee you will be expected to share this commitment.
Find out more and apply
For an informal discussion please contact:
Bristol Hub - Anjali Gupta, Team Manager. Telephone: 07395798092
Anita Huggins, Deputy Team Manager (Adoption Support) Telephone: 07395798091
Regional Family Finding Team - Sue White, Service Manager. Telephone: 07701363491
Membership of a professional body or association. The job holder is responsible for payment of all professional fees, memberships, registrations or subscriptions and no reimbursement or contribution towards these will be provided by Adoption West.
This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and will require an Enhanced DBS check before appointment can be confirmed.
Confidentiality: Employees are expected to maintain the required level of confidentiality at all times in relation to their work.