Fostering Deputy Team Manager
This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
Salary:£38,237.00 - £41,025.00
Location:Shire Hall Complex, Westgate Street, Gloucester - GL1 2TG
Closing date:04 July 2017 at midnight
Exciting opportunities have arisen within the Fostering Resource for a Deputy Team Manager. Supervisory experience would be advantageous and a knowledge of fostering or children’s social work. The Resource is well established and very motivated to support the needs of children in care within Gloucestershire County Council. There are two vacancies, as follows (please state which post you are interested in applying for within your application form:
Full time Deputy Team Manager (37 hours) within the In- House placement team.
This role involves deputising for the Team Manger, supervising staff within the inhouse placement finding team, and liaising with foster carers with regard to young people placed in their care. This role will also work to help to develop and reshape the service, to ensure that there is varied support available to foster carers
You will also have responsibility to ensure that foster carers annual reviews are completed in a timely manner and that carers receive the training and support that is available to them.
Part time (18.5 hours) Deputy Team Manager within the Fostering Recruitment Team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supervising some staff within the Fostering Recruitment team. There are also opportunities to carry out recruitment tasks which include assessing the suitability of fostering applicants.
The post may involve delivering information sessions and training as well as being involved with marketing activities such as running drop in information stands throughout the County.
- Be a team player who values a mutually supportive work environment with colleagues of different levels of experience
- Be committed to working closely with families and professional partners including our new early help provision in the locality
- Act as a leader who will promote clear expectations and high professional standards for the team, who has experience or is keen to learn to support and challenging practice through reflective supervision in order to ensure that the wellbeing and best interests of children and young people remain at the centre of practice
- Have a high motivation for evidence based practice in assessments, planning and reviews and quality assure the practice of their supervisees
- Have some experience of care proceedings
- Make and record decisions effectively to assist the timely management of workflow in the team and provide an active management oversight
- Be able to take on the challenges of case working in an area where services and access to them are lacking in rural area.
- A registered professional Social Work Qualification
- Registration with the Health Care Professional Council (HCPC)
Gloucestershire County Council offers a wide range of benefits some of which include:
- A stable Senior Management Team
- Access to reflective professional supervision
- A comprehensive training plan
- Access to Principal Social Workers to support and develop social work practice
Gloucestershire has something to interest everyone with culture and variety. For more information about living in Gloucestershire, and working for us, visit http://www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/jobs/about-working-for-gloucestershire-county-council
You can follow us on twitter at @GCCSocialWork and on search for GCC Social Work Careers on Facebook.
Gloucestershire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people or vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to a DBS check. As part of our safer recruitment policy if you are short listed we will request references from your previous and current employer.
We are seeking to recruit a Deputy Team Manager with extensive knowledge of front line social work practice with children and families, preferably with skills and experience in referral and assessment management, children in need, child protection and care proceedings.
Gloucestershire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people or vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We value diversity in our workforce and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
It is a legal requirement, under the Immigration Act 2016, that anyone appointed to a ‘customer facing role’ must be able to demonstrate an ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in fluent English.
Below you will also find links to the Job Profile and Guidance Notes. Click ‘Apply’ to continue.
If you have any difficulty completing the on-line application form, or require this document in another format, please contact us and we can discuss your needs and provide help. Telephone 01452 425888, option 2 then option 1 or email ContactUs@gloucestershire.gov.uk
If you wish to apply for this position on a secondment basis, please obtain approval from your current line manager that you may be released on a secondment before submitting an application form.