Salary: Self-Employed: £650 p/w
Location:Gloucestershire - GL1 2TH
Closing date:30 June 2018 at midnight
Gloucestershire County Council is currently seeking foster carers for a new, intensive support scheme called IRIS to help young people in the county with complex needs.
The scheme is aimed at a small number of children and young people aged 11 to 18 who have complex needs and present multiple times to a range of services across Gloucestershire, including social care services, mental health services and hospital emergency departments.
They need intensive, short-term support to help them through a crisis so that they can return home to their families or settle in foster care.
We are looking for foster carers for this scheme who can work with social care staff, family support workers and mental health professionals in a combination of settings.
Do you have:
- Proven experience of working alongside children with complex needs, possibly in social care, health, education, as a foster carer, in a residential setting or in youth justice.
- The capacity to be available to a child or young person at any given time (any other children in your household should be aged over twelve years of age).
- The ability to be flexible.
- A spare room in your home.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- A commitment to supervision and to receiving support.
- Knowledge of attachment, emotional well-being and therapeutic parenting.
- A commitment to training and development.
- An understanding of risk taking behaviour, self harm, substance misuse.
- Basic IT skills.
- A driver’s licence or a commitment to learning to drive.
We can offer:
- A generous financial package of a £650 weekly retainer, plus age-related fostering allowances.
- 24 hour support.
- A team of professionals working alongside you, including specialist mental health support.
- Regular supervision and training opportunities to increase your skills.
- Being valued as part of an integrated team that makes a difference to children and young people.
Please note that GCC foster carers are self-employed. As a foster carer, you will be eligible for tax relief on some or all of your earnings. Visit HMRC for more information.
Find out more:
If you feel you have the experience and passion to be part of this new, creative service, get in touch.
Call 01242 532654 for an informal discussion
Fill in an online enquiry form
Send us an email (please include your telephone number)