Children’s Social Worker / Senior Social Worker
Salary:£29,055.00 - £38,052.00
Location:Various - GL1 2TP
Closing date:27 May 2018 at midnight
Teams: We have vacancies in our assessment, safeguarding & permanency teams
Working hours: 37 hours or 18.5 hours per week
At Gloucestershire County Council we are determined to keep our children and families at the centre of everything we do. To drive improvement we have reshaped our service by increasing the size of our workforce with smaller teams to offer more support and a safer working environment. At GCC we are passionate about direct work and getting to know our children through relationship led practice which is why we have invested in mobile working for our children’s social care workforce and a reduced caseload to enable you to manage your time efficiently. But for these changes to make the difference to our children and families we need you!
As a children’s social worker you will work closely with children, young people and their families, other staff within the service function and partner agencies to provide support and protection for children and young people in need and at risk. In this role we need:
- Your front line experience as a qualified and registered social worker
- Your commitment and enthusiasm to add value to our Children’s Service.
- Your curiosity, analytical and communication skills to deliver high quality assessments to ensure the best outcomes for our children and their families.
- You’ll also bring resilience to manage situations of a challenging nature.
At Gloucestershire County Council we see it as our responsibility to ensure you can achieve the best from your role
- Supportive and approachable management with 1:1 monthly reflective supervision
- Training opportunities to develop skills and support career progression opportunities
- High support and high challenge through restorative practice
- If you are looking to relocate we will support you to do this with a value of up to £5,000
We have developed a career grade for our social worker, allowing you to remain in front line practice and still progress in your career and pay. Please ensure you look at the relevant Job Profile when applying.
- Newly Qualified Social Worker start on £25,951
- Social Workers start on £27,668 on completion of their ASYE
- Senior Social Workers pay ranges from £32,486 up to £37,306
To ensure a personalised and responsive recruitment experience we will contact you to discuss the role you are interested in including the location and type of work and to book in an interview.
To see the full job details and submit your CV please click Apply Now. For more information about our Children’s Service at Gloucestershire County Council please visit our website or follow us @GCCSocialWork.
We value diversity in our workforce and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
It is a legal requirement, under the Immigration Act 2016, that anyone appointed to a ‘customer facing role’ must be able to demonstrate an ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in fluent English.
Below you will also find links to the Job Profile and Guidance Notes. Click ‘Apply’ to continue.
Only if you have difficulty accessing the information published online should you contact GCC Appointments & People Sourcing Team by telephone 01452-425888 or e-mail to ContactUs@gloucestershire.gov.uk quoting the vacancy