Democratic Services Apprentice
This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
Salary:£9,000.00 - £9,000.00
Location:Shire Hall, Westgate Street, Gloucester - GL1 2TG
Closing date:06 June 2018 at midnight
This is a fantastic opening to gain experience in a political environment whilst undertaking a formal qualification. You will complete the apprenticeship with a mixture of practical experience and formal learning. This role is based in a busy office environment and time will be spent progressing with our dedicated training provider.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake such tasks that follow;
- Setting up school admission appeal panels, logging appeals and sending out appointment letters
- Dealing with parent and panel member queries, and developing and despatching agendas
- To provide general support within the team, including answering the telephone, taking messages, dealing with enquiries, booking rooms, filing, photocopying, maintaining stationery supplies and distributing post
- To assist with clerical/administrative duties using, where appropriate, computer based systems to support the business needs of the service area, particularly for school admission appeals
- Inputting data to basic spreadsheet and recording systems, including Microsoft Excel and Capita
- To provide appropriate clerical/administrative support to meetings and workshops, including organising the arrangements, preparing agendas and, where necessary, taking notes
- To support the development of and coordination of the administration processes with Democratic Services
- To provide administrative and basic ICT support to county councillors
For an informal discussion please contact Simon Harper, Head of Democratic Services - Simon.firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview date: 15th June 2018
Gloucestershire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people or vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We value diversity in our workforce and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
It is a legal requirement, under the Immigration Act 2016, that anyone appointed to a ‘customer facing role’ must be able to demonstrate an ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in fluent English.
Below you will also find links to the Job Profile and Guidance Notes. Click ‘Apply’ to continue.
Only if you have difficulty accessing the information published online should you contact GCC Appointments & People Sourcing Team by telephone 01452-425888 or e-mail to ContactUs@gloucestershire.gov.uk quoting the vacancy reference number above.