Adoption Team Manager (Social Work)
This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
Salary:£42,806.00 - £44,697.00
Location:Shire Hall, Gloucester - GL1 2TG
Closing date:29 May 2018 at midnight
This post is currently located within Gloucestershire County Council. It is anticipated that the post holder will transfer to the new Regional Adoption Agency, Adoption West 1st October 2018.
Adoption West is a collaborative venture between Bath & North East Somerset, Bristol, Gloucestershire, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and Wiltshire Councils to provide a regional adoption service which will improve performance in meeting the needs of children who require permanence through adoption.
As a Team Manager you will be responsible for improving the outcomes for children and young people by delivering a robust and high quality service through effective leadership and management. To achieve this you will be responsible for the day to day leadership and management of your team, managing budgets, managing team performance, decision making and assuring the quality of work. You will hold reflective supervision with Social Workers, lead on legal processes, chair professional meetings and use customer feedback, audit and performance information to improve the quality of service and outcomes for children and their families.
The team is responsible for the service development of the following areas;
- Recruitment and front door responses to all enquiries
- Assessment and support of adopters to adoption order
- Early Permanence, family finding and matching children with adopters
- Adoption support
This is an exciting time to join us as we plan to move to our new regional adoption agency. Building on the solid foundations already in place, you will be responsible for the strategic, developmental and operational management of a team of social workers and social work assistants ensuring the highest standards of practice are delivered. You will lead and be part of the team supporting the transition to Adoption West, and as a member of a newly formed organisation, you will have an opportunity to develop and establish new working practices and policies and shape the organisation using your creativity and innovative ideas.
This management role will make a critical contribution to providing an excellent regional adoption agency and you will make a difference through supporting and challenging your staff team. It is a really great time to join us.
- A social work qualification i.e. a Social Work Degree or Diploma in Social Work.
- Hold a management and leadership qualification at Level 5 (e.g. Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social care and Children and Young People’s Services) or be willing to work towards this.
- You will be HCPC registered
- Passionate about achieving the best outcomes for children
- Demonstrate clear decision making, problem solving and risk assessment
- Have recent statutory experience of working with families
- Have supervisory and management experience
- Experience managing processes or projects in social care
- Good knowledge of relevant legislation, regulation and research - you’ll be ready to influence and embed positive change
- Have the ability to work in a collaborative environment, motivate, inspire and lead
We will need managers who are positive and energetic and we will support your career development to enable you to be the best you can be so you feel motivated and valued in this new organisation.
So if, just like us, you’re passionate and committed to improving the lived experience of children, we’d love to hear from you.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Tammy Wheatley - Tammy.email@example.com or call 01452324091
We value diversity in our workforce and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
It is a legal requirement, under the Immigration Act 2016, that anyone appointed to a ‘customer facing role’ must be able to demonstrate an ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in fluent English.
Below you will also find links to the Job Profile and Guidance Notes. Click ‘Apply’ to continue.
Only if you have difficulty accessing the information published online should you contact GCC Appointments & People Sourcing Team by telephone 01452-425888 or e-mail to ContactUs@gloucestershire.gov.uk quoting the vacancy reference number above.