Community Social Worker - Early Help (Children's)
This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
Salary: £30,756 - £32,233
Location:Locations available: Gloucester (Shire Hall) and Cinderford (Dean House) - Various
Closing date:01 November 2018 at midnight
Locations available: Gloucester (Shire Hall) and Cinderford (Dean House)
This is a non-case holding role which is designed to work in partnership with a wide range of practitioners in the community. This involves supporting and developing partners’ understanding of their responsibility in relation to safeguarding and identifying and managing risk whilst ensuring that the right services are engaged in supporting children and their families at the earliest opportunity.
The Community Social Worker responds to requests from practitioners in the community for advice and guidance. Key tasks of the role include:
- Engage with ‘in principle’ case discussions in relation to complex situations and provide a social work perspective to support decision making with regards level of risk
- Provide advice and guidance in relation to Gloucestershire’s Levels of Intervention Guidance and Early Help Services
- With consent, attend multi-agency meetings to provide a social work perspective
- With consent, undertake joint home visits with the lead practitioner to provide a social work perspective
- Attend Lead Practitioner Support Groups, Lead Practitioner Forums and other interdisciplinary meetings
- Develop and deliver safeguarding training programmes to practitioners who work with children, young people and their families
- Support the development of student social workers on placement in Early Help and Social Care Teams
- At all times ensure that priority is given to the safeguarding of children and young people
This position is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Gloucestershire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people or vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We value diversity in our workforce and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
It is a legal requirement, under the Immigration Act 2016, that anyone appointed to a ‘customer facing role’ must be able to demonstrate an ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in fluent English.
Below you will also find links to the Job Profile and Guidance Notes. Click ‘Apply’ to continue.
If you have difficulty accessing the information published online then contact a member of the Children’s Social Work recruitment team on 01452-583718 or e-mail email@example.com quoting the vacancy reference number above.