Advanced Practitioner - (Children's Social Care)
Salary: £39,002 - £41,846
Location:Various opportunities throughout the County - GL1 2TG
Closing date:31 January 2019 at midnight
Location: Various in Gloucestershire
Teams: We have vacancies in our assessment, safeguarding and permanency teams
Pay & Reward
Gloucestershire are on an improvement journey and as part of this we recognise that pay and reward are a factor when seeking your next challenge. Therefore in addition to your salary we are offering Advanced Practitioners:
- A welcome payment of £5,000
- Relocation Package of £8,000
- Retention payments of £2,000
- Flexible working opportunities
- Free Parking
The role of Advanced Practitioner
As an Advanced Practitioner you will focus of driving best practice throughout your team and the wider service alongside working a small complex caseload. Using training, development and research you will provide mentoring and support to colleagues including a student social worker. To undertake this role with us we need:
- Your commitment and enthusiasm to add value to our Children’s Service
- Your front line experience as a qualified and registered social worker
- Your mentoring/coaching experience to support students to achieve
- You to provide high level support and challenge to social work colleagues to foster a learning culture
- You to also bring resilience to manage situations of a challenging nature
How do we support our staff?
Gloucestershire are determined to work hard to keep our children and families at the centre of everything we do, ensuring our staff have the time to get to know these families and provide the best intervention. To drive improvement we have made significant investment of time and money into our services:
- More social work posts resulting in manageable caseloads
- Smaller teams allowing greater management support and oversight
- Improved office environments and investment in ICT and mobile working
- Focus on direct work and visits to see children
- Supportive and approachable management with 1:1 monthly reflective supervision
- A comprehensive training and development package including a manager development programme
- A clear career pathway from newly qualified to management
- Increased and improved administrative support
- Partnership working including a supportive Early Help offer
- High support and high challenge through restorative practice
More information about our journey so far and our commitment to staff can be found on our website or email us for information at CSWrecruitment@gloucestershire.gov.uk
To ensure a personalised and responsive recruitment experience we will contact you to discuss the role you are interested in including the location and type of work and to book in an interview. All our pay and reward scheme offers are subject to meeting the eligibility criteria.
Please note that this vacancy may close as soon as sufficient applications have been received, so we ask that you apply as soon as possible should you be interested
This Position is subject to a DBS check.
Gloucestershire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people or vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We value diversity in our workforce and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
It is a legal requirement, under the Immigration Act 2016, that anyone appointed to a ‘customer facing role’ must be able to demonstrate an ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in fluent English.
Below you will also find links to the Job Profile and Guidance Notes. Click ‘Apply’ to continue.
Only if you have difficulty accessing the information published online should you contact GCC Appointments & People Sourcing Team by telephone 01452-425888 or e-mail to ContactUs@gloucestershire.gov.uk quoting the vacancy reference number above.