Social Worker - MASH - Children's Social Work
Salary:£31,371.00 - £32,878.00
Location:Shire Hall Complex Gloucester - GL1 2TG
Closing date:31 July 2019 at midnight
Pay & Reward*
Gloucestershire are on an improvement journey and as part of this we recognise that pay and reward are a factor when seeking your next challenge. Therefore in addition to your salary Gloucestershire are offering Social Workers:
- A welcome payment of £3,000
- Relocation package of up to £8,000
- Retention payments of £2,000
- Flexible working opportunities
- Parking available
- Social work academy
The role of Social Worker in MASH
As a children’s social worker you will work to ensure we keep the children and young people at the heart of our assessments and decision making. Through working with other staff within the service and partner agencies you will ensure we are able to provide support and protection for children and young people in need and at risk. To undertake this role with us we need:
- Your commitment and enthusiasm to add value to our Children’s Service
- Your front line experience as a qualified and registered social worker
- Your curiosity, analytical and communication skills to engage with young people, their families and professionals to deliver high quality analysis to inform recommendations to promote the “right response at the right time” to ensure the best outcomes for our children and their families.
- You to provide high level support and challenge to social work colleagues to foster a learning culture
- You to also bring resilience to work at pace to tight timescales to ensure that we give a timely and proportionate response
* All our pay and reward scheme offers are subject to meeting the eligibility criteria and are non contractual.
This Position is subject to a DBS check.
Gloucestershire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people or vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We value diversity in our workforce and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
It is a legal requirement, under the Immigration Act 2016, that anyone appointed to a ‘customer facing role’ must be able to demonstrate an ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in fluent English.
Below you will also find links to the Job Profile and Guidance Notes. Click ‘Apply’ to continue.
Only if you have difficulty accessing the information published online should you contact a member of the Children’s Social Work recruitment team on 01452-425158 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the vacancy reference number above.