Social Worker (Experienced - Adults)
Salary: £29,636 - £32,878
Location:Dean House, Cinderford, - GL14 2JF
Closing date:09 August 2019 at midnight
Are you an experienced Social Worker passionate about working with people to promote independence and dedicated to making a difference? We would love to hear from you!
Gloucestershire County Council Adult Social Care is on an exciting innovation journey working towards the Three Conversation approach, a model that re-emphasises focus on people, their strengths and the networks and community around them.
We have full time social worker positions available in our thriving Forest Locality team. The team has a supportive and engaged management structure including an integrated social care manager, a deputy social care manager, 3 advanced practitioners and a lead social care assessor. It also consists of around 20 other staff members, including qualified social workers, social care assessors and an administration team.
As Social Workers, Gloucestershire Adult Social Care understands the work you do on a daily basis and provides the support you need to make a difference to the people of Gloucester. To join us, you must:
- Have a social work qualification and be HCPC registered
- Have completed your ASYE program or have relevant statutory experience
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Have the passion to promote people’s strengths and the ability to make a difference in a safe working approach to social work practices
Our Social Workers must be able to listen hard to the people of Gloucestershire, to understand what really matters and to connect them to resources and support that help someone get on with their chosen life, independently. They should be able to work with people to help them to regain control of their lives in a crisis. They should also, where support is required, work with people to enable them to live their chosen life, recognising the resources and connections and support required. In order to achieve this, we need Social Workers who are experienced in promoting their own and others professional curiosity and who are competent in their knowledge of legislations and meeting their professional capabilities.
Our social workers do all they can to make the difference to local communities in Gloucester. And that’s exactly what we aim to do for our social workers. Here are some of the ways we aim to achieve this:
- Regular formal and informal support
- Safe, supportive and positive working environment
- Annual leave up to 29.5 days after 5 years employment
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Staff discounts
- On – site (for duty working) free parking
- Transfer options after two years in post, allowing for continuous development of skills and knowledge in different Adult Social Care settings
- Robust supervision and training opportunities, enabling you to develop your skills, including personal licences to Adults CCINFORM, access to mandatory training and additional topical bi-annual workshops.
- Clear career progression pathways, to support you in progressing professionally and personally
We’re closer than you think:
We are an easy commute from many locations, view our commuting times map to see what we mean. However, you don’t have to commute and if you are in the process of relocating, why not email us to discuss opportunities further.
To join an award winning team, click “Apply” today! You will also find links to the Job Profile and Guidance Notes below.
Alternatively, for an informal discussion or if you would like to arrange to meet the team, please contact ASCrecruitment@gloucestershire.gov.uk to arrange a convenient time for a call back.
This Position is subject to a DBS check.
Gloucestershire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people or vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We value diversity in our workforce and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
It is a legal requirement, under the Immigration Act 2016, that anyone appointed to a ‘customer facing role’ must be able to demonstrate an ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in fluent English.
Below you will also find links to the Job Profile and Guidance Notes. Click ‘Apply’ to continue.
Only if you have difficulty accessing the information published online should you contact GCC Appointments & People Sourcing Team by telephone 01452-425888 or e-mail to ContactUs@gloucestershire.gov.uk quoting the vacancy reference number above.