Adoption Social Worker - Adoption West
This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
Reference:Adoption West vacancy
Salary: £32,029 - £33,799
Location:Gloucester - GL1 2TP
Closing date:18 August 2019 at midnight
** Please note this is not a GCC vacancy **
Adoption Social Worker Post - Adoption West, Gloucester Hub
Adoption West went live on the 1st March 2019 as a collaborative venture between Bath & North East Somerset, Bristol, Gloucestershire, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and Wiltshire Councils to provide a regional adoption service. Adoption West will operate via 3 hubs across the region. Each Adoption Hub undertakes all aspects of adoption recruitment, assessment, family finding and the coordination of adoption support services.
Adoption West currently have the following two vacancies within the Gloucester Hub, located in Shire Hall, Gloucester:
1 x Permanent, Full Time (37 hours), Family Finding Social Worker (1 post)
£32,029 - £33,799 per annum
1 x Permanent, Part Time (30 hours), Recruitment & Assessment Social Worker (1 post)
£32,029 - £33,799 per annum pro rata
This is an exciting time to join Adoption West as we build on the solid foundations already in place, and aim to improve performance in meeting the needs of those children who require permanence through adoption.
You will need:
- A Social Work Qualification (degree or equivalent) and current registration with the HCPC
- Experience of working as a Social Worker with families or children
- An understanding of early life experiences such as trauma or abuse and the impact they can have on children and young people throughout their lives
- The ability to analyse complex information to make recommendations and informed decisions
- The ability to work both as part of a team, sharing knowledge and managing cases
- The ability to use your own initiative and work independently
- Experience of managing your own caseload and working to deadlines
These are full time positions requiring you to work flexibly. You will need to be able to travel around the hub area and on occasions across the region and so must be able to drive and have access to your own vehicle.
You will report to the Hub Manager and contribute to the delivery and development of effective adoption services, in accordance with Adoption Standards and Regulations.
Adoption West will ensure you are supported in your role through supervision and training. You will be part of the development of a new service which will drive high standards and aim for excellence in the practice of adoption.
Adoption West is a learning organisation and are committed to enabling the post holder to grow and develop in the role.
If you have the experience, skills, knowledge and enthusiasm we are seeking and are looking for a new challenge then we look forward to hearing from you.
- Membership of a professional body or association. The job holder is responsible for payment of all professional fees, memberships, registrations or subscriptions and no reimbursement or contribution towards these will be provided by Adoption West
- Confidentiality: Employees are expected to maintain the required level of confidentiality at all times in relation to their work.
- This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and will require an Enhanced DBS check before appointment can be confirmed.
To apply please visit http://jobs.wiltshire.gov.uk/details#/reference/CS01611
For further information and an informal chat about Adoption West and the oppotunities we have please contact Julia Ibbitson, Gloucester Team Manager, Adoption West on 01452 427753 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please download and read the role description and person specification carefully before you apply (see below).You can then make your application online by clicking the apply button at the bottom of this web page.
This role is subject to certain successful security checks; please see role description for more information.
Adoption West is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All staff are expected to share this commitment. You will be expected to report any concerns relating to the safeguarding of children, young people or vulnerable adults in accordance with agreed procedures.
If your own conduct in relation to the safeguarding of children, young people or vulnerable adults gives cause for concern, Adoption West’s child protection procedures will be followed.