Senior Social Worker (Adults)
This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
Salary:£33,799.00 - £38,813.00
Location:Learning Disabilities, Shire Hall, Gloucester - GL1 2TG
Closing date:10 October 2019 at midnight
Are you a Social Worker passionate about working with people to promote independence and dedicated to making a difference? We would love to hear from you!
Gloucestershire County Council Adult Social Care is on an exciting innovation journey working towards the Three Conversation approach, a model that re-emphasises focus on people, their strengths and the networks and community around them.
We have full time Senior Social Worker positions available in our busy Learning Disabilities team. The team is a supportive countywide team based in Shire Hall, Gloucester. The LD team are part of a wider Adult Social Care team, with transfer opportunities available.
As a Senior Social Worker, we understand the work you do on a daily basis and provide the support you need to make a difference to the wider community. To join us, you must:
- Have a social work qualification and be HCPC* registered
- Have completed your ASYE* program and have at least 2 years post completion service
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Have the passion to promote people’s strengths and the ability to make a difference in a safe working approach to social work practices
- Have up to date knowledge of legislation and demonstrable experience of providing credible approaches to practice.
- Have good communication and IT skills
- Abe to prioritise, using a risk based approach
The Senior Social Worker position could be the perfect next step of your career; with this role offering you more challenge and complexity, without the added management responsibility. We will look to you to provide expert social work practice in complex situations, assessing and managing higher levels of risk. You will work closely with a range of professionals and more senior managers to ensure a balance of support and independence is achieved, through offering expert evidence based opinion, using hypothesise and options to review and inform judgement and decision making.
Our social workers do all they can to make the difference to local communities in Gloucester. And that’s exactly what we aim to do for our social workers. Here are some of the ways we aim to achieve this:
- Regular formal and informal support
- Safe, supportive and positive working environment
- Annual leave up to 29.5 days after 5 years employment
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Staff discounts
- Off – site (for duty working) free parking
- Transfer options after two years in post, allowing for continuous development of skills and knowledge in different Adult Social Care settings.
- Robust supervision and accredited post-qualified training opportunities, enabling you to develop your skills, including personal licences to Adults CCINFORM, access to mandatory training and additional topical bi-annual workshops.
- Clear career progression pathways, to support you in progressing professionally and personally
We’re closer than you think:
We are an easy commute from many locations, view our commuting times map to see what we mean. However, you don’t have to commute and if you are in the process of relocating, why not email us to discuss opportunities further.
To join a locally award winning team, click “Apply” to join us today! You will also find links to the Job Profile and Guidance Notes below.
Alternatively, for an informal discussion or if you would like to arrange to meet the team, please contact ASCrecruitment@gloucestershire.gov.uk to arrange a convenient time for a call back.
* For interested professionals located in Wales and Scotland, please call us to discuss your application.
Gloucestershire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people or vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We value diversity in our workforce and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community,
Below you will also find links to the Job Profile and Guidance Notes. Click ‘Apply’ to continue.
Only if you have difficulty accessing the information published online should you contact GCC Appointments & People Sourcing Team by telephone 01452-425888 or e-mail to ContactUs@gloucestershire.gov.uk quoting the vacancy reference number above.
For an informal discussion please contact ASCRecruitment@gloucestershire.gov.uk