Senior Social Worker
Salary:£33,799.00 - £38,813.00
Location:County Offices St Georges Road Cheltenham - GL50 3EW
Closing date:27 October 2019 at midnight
Gloucestershire County Council Adult Social Care is on an exciting innovation journey working towards the Three Conversation approach, a model that re-emphasises focus on people, their strengths and the networks and community around them.
We have a full time senior social worker position available in our busy Cheltenham team. The team is a supportive countywide team based in Cheltenham County Offices. The Cheltenham team are part of a wider Adult Social Care team, with transfer opportunities available.
As a Senior Social Worker, we understand the work you do on a daily basis and provide the support you need to make a difference to the wider community. To join us, you must:
- Have a social work qualification and be HCPC* registered
- Have completed your ASYE* program and have at least 2 years post completion service
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Have the passion to promote people’s strengths and the ability to make a difference in a safe working approach to social work practices
- Have up to date knowledge of legislation and demonstrable experience of providing credible approaches to practice.
- Have good communication and IT skills
- Able to prioritise, using a risk based approach
The Senior Social Worker position could be the perfect next step of your career; with this role offering you more challenge and complexity, without the added management responsibility. We will look to you to provide expert social work practice in complex situations, assessing and managing higher levels of risk. You will work closely with a range of professionals and more senior managers to ensure a balance of support and independence is achieved, through offering expert evidence based opinion, using hypothesise and options to review and inform judgement and decision making.
Our social workers do all they can to make the difference to local communities in Cheltenham. And that’s exactly what we aim to do for our social workers. Here are some of the ways we aim to achieve this:
- Regular formal and informal support
- Safe, supportive and positive working environment
- Annual leave up to 29.5 days after 5 years employment
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Staff discounts
- Transfer options after two years in post, allowing for continuous development of skills and knowledge in different Adult Social Care settings.
- Robust supervision and accredited post-qualified training opportunities, enabling you to develop your skills, including personal licences to Adults CCINFORM, access to mandatory training and additional topical bi-annual workshops.
- Clear career progression pathways, to support you in progressing professionally and personally
We’re closer than you think:
We are an easy commute from many locations, view our commuting times map to see what we mean. However, you don’t have to commute and if you are in the process of relocating, why not email us to discuss opportunities further.
To join a locally award winning team, click “Apply” to join us today! You will also find links to the Job Profile and Guidance Notes below.
*For interested professionals located in Wales and Scotland, please call us to discuss your application.
Gloucestershire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people or vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We value diversity in our workforce and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
It is a legal requirement, under the Immigration Act 2016, that anyone appointed to a ‘customer facing role’ must be able to demonstrate an ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in fluent English.
Below you will also find links to the Job Profile and Guidance Notes. Click ‘Apply’ to continue.Only if you have difficulty accessing the information published online should you contact GCC Appointments & People Sourcing Team by telephone 01452-425888 or e-mail to ContactUs@gloucestershire.gov.uk quoting the vacancy reference number above.