Customer Service Officer (Apprentice)
This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
Employment Type:Fixed Term
Location:Shire Hall - GL1 2TG
Closing date:09 March 2020 at midnight
Fixed Term for up to 2 years
The Customer Service team is a multi channel, first point of contact service for a variety of internal and external customers. The service includes duties at both Shire Hall and Barbican receptions, the Adult Helpdesk, the Blue Badge Team and Care Services Finance. We provide a high quality service delivery across a diverse range of services on behalf of Gloucestershire County Council through various channels which currently include face to face, phone, email, web enquiries and social media.
The Blue Badge and Concessionary Bus Pass Team is a combined service who manage the applications and assessment of all Blue Badge applications and the discretionary applications for a Concessionary Bus Pass.
The Care Services Finance Team administers the finance function for Adult Social Care Services and some Children’s services.
We are looking for a polite, professional and customer focused individual to join our team. You will have a positive and “can do” attitude with the ability to work under your own initiative and respond quickly to changing priorities. You should have attention to detail and ability to communicate effectively at all levels. You will possess excellent time management and organisational skills.
Your role will include:
- Engage with all customers in a courteous, prompt and appropriate manner using excellent written and verbal communication skills and in accordance with agreed customer service standards and statutory procedures relevant to the service area.
- Provide effective service delivery to the Customer Services Team which may include working in Reception and answering queries on the Gloucestershire County Council Switchboard telephone line.
- Respond to customer requests for information or a service using appropriate resources to ensure the highest quality service is maintained.
- Ensure that all enquiries are acknowledged and responded to in a consistent and timely manner, in line with relevant standards and procedures.
- Create and accurately maintain all electronic records ensuring compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations for the customer services team and all partner services and agencies.
- Ensure resulting service referrals are created and shared accurately and with an appropriate level of urgency in line with relevant standards and procedures.
We are based in the city centre of Gloucester with easy access through public transport.
For an informal discussion please contact: George Grigg (Team Leader) 01452 427374
This advert may close earlier at the managers discretion based on the calibre of applications