Social Worker (Children's Social Work)
Salary:£31,371.00 - £38,813.00
Location:Shire Hall, Westgate Street, Gloucester - GL1 2TG
Closing date:08 March 2020 at midnight
Teams: Disabled Children & Young People's Service
Pay & Reward
Gloucestershire are on an improvement journey and as part of this we recognise that pay and reward are a factor when seeking your next challenge. Therefore Gloucestershire are offering social workers:
- A welcome payment of £3,000*
- Relocation Package of up to £8,000*
- Retention payments of £2,000*
- Flexible working opportunities
- Parking available
- Access to Gloucestershire's social work academy
Our social worker pay scales are based on applicants having completed their ASYE. To receive the salary of £33,799 or above, applicants must demonstrate the senior social worker job profile requirements.
Gloucestershire Children’s Services Social Work Academy is a professional development centre for social workers at all levels, from students and newly qualified social workers to heads of service. The Academy is also supporting a range of entry routes into social work and related professions including 'step up' programmes and Frontline. It is for both new and current staff and aims to embed a 'Gloucestershire Approach' to social work practice, leadership and management and will make sure there is a consistent level of good practice across Gloucestershire Children’s Services.
For more information on the Social Work Academy, please click on the following link: https://www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/health-and-social-care/children-young-people-and-families/training-and-development-for-the-childrens-workforce/social-work-academy/
The role of Social Worker:
Our Disabled Children & Young People's Service has an opportunity for a social worker within their area. If you have a passion for making a difference to children and young people with additional needs then we would like to hear from you. The post is working with children and young people across Gloucestershire with our specialist Early Help Team, Social Care and transitions into Adult Services.
You will be Social Work England registered with recent statutory experience of working with families and protecting children who are in need and at risk. We need you to have experience of multi agency working and writing assessments and outcome focused plans with children and families. It would be of benefit if you had experience of working with disabled Children and Young People although this is not essential.
We’ll rely on your credible approach and passion for achieving the best outcomes for children through direct work. You’ll also prepare and present good quality written and oral reports, and maintain accurate and up to date case recording in line with our procedures. With good knowledge of relevant legislation, regulation and research - you’ll be ready to influence and embed positive change.
As a children’s social worker you will work to ensure we keep the children and young people at the heart of our assessments and decision making. Through working with other staff within the service and partner agencies you will ensure we are able to provide support and protection for children and young people in need and at risk. To undertake this role with us we need:
- Your commitment and enthusiasm to add value to our Children’s Service
- Your front line experience as a qualified and registered social worker
- Your curiosity, analytical and communication skills to deliver high quality assessments to ensure the best outcomes for our children and their families.
- You to provide high level support and challenge to social work colleagues to foster a learning culture
- You to also bring resilience to manage situations of a challenging nature
How do we support our staff?
Gloucestershire are determined to work hard to keep our children and families at the centre of everything we do, ensuring our staff have the time to get to know these families and provide the best intervention. To drive improvement we have made significant investment of time and money into our services:
- More social work posts resulting in manageable caseloads
- Smaller teams allowing greater management support and oversight
- Improved office environments and investment in ICT and mobile working
- Focus on direct work and visits to see children
- Supportive and approachable management with 1:1 monthly reflective supervision
- A comprehensive training and development package including a manager development programme
- A clear career pathway from newly qualified to management
- Increased and improved administrative support
- Partnership working including a supportive Early Help offer
- High support and high challenge through restorative practice
Interviews to held on Friday 20th March 2020
More information about our journey so far and our commitment to staff can be found on our website or email us for information at CSWrecruitment@gloucestershire.gov.uk
To ensure a personalised and responsive recruitment experience we will contact you to discuss the role you are interested in including the location and type of work and to book in an interview.
*All our pay and reward scheme offers are subject to meeting the eligibility criteria and are non contractual.
This Position is subject to a DBS check.
Gloucestershire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people or vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We value diversity in our workforce and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
It is a legal requirement, under the Immigration Act 2016, that anyone appointed to a ‘customer facing role’ must be able to demonstrate an ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in fluent English.
Below you will also find links to the Job Profile and Guidance Notes. Click ‘Apply’ to continue.
Only if you have difficulty accessing the information published online should you contact a memeber of the Children's Social Work recruitment Team by e-mail at email@example.com quoting the vacancy reference number above.