Newly Qualified Social Worker (ASYE) - Adult Social Care
Salary:£29,636.00 - £32,878.00
Location:Countywide - Gloucestershire - GL1 2TP
Closing date:03 May 2020 at midnight
Are you an enthusiastic Newly Qualified Social Worker (NQSW) passionate about working with people and committed in your own learning and development? Then we would love to hear from you!
About the role:
Gloucestershire County Council Adult Social Care is excited to open applications for its annual cohort of Newly Qualified Social Workers to undertake its mandatory supportive and dynamic Assessed and Supported Year of Employment (ASYE).
The ASYE is an induction year; supporting NQSW's to establish themselves on the first step of their professional career. All NQSW’s who are enrolled on our ASYE will be offered a robust, structured ASYE programme (which has been developed through feedback from ASYE Social Workers), peer supervision, practice development workshops and access to a dedicated ASYE coordinator from the Practice Development Team to support you throughout your programme.
Our ASYE positions are located across most of our locality teams in Gloucestershire; we also have one vacancy available in our Acute Hospital team and one in our Learning Disabilities team. Shortlisted candidates will be ask for preferred location prior to interview, however we encourage you to be open minded to all of our teams, starting by taking a look at our commuting times map to see how accessible they are to you. You can find out more about all of our teams on our “Meet our Teams” website page here.
We are looking for passionate Newly Qualified Social Workers who are able to identify themselves against the nine domains of the professional capabilities framework. You must be enthusiastic about learning and developing your practice as a professional, modelling quality and creating space for reflection. We will offer you an environment catered to do this, including challenging you with professional curiosity and supporting you to build effective working relationships within a professional network.
Generally, to be eligible for the ASYE programme you need to have been qualified within the last 2 years and be registered with Social Work England (SWE). If you haven’t got your qualification or SWE registration yet, then you should only apply if you are expecting to receive/apply for these this academic year, meaning you are able to begin your ASYE programme in October 2020.
Dependent on recruitment checks, successful candidates will be offered the opportunity to start with us before the beginning of our ASYE cohort (whether you have a registration or not) as a Social Care Assessor.
Gloucestershire County Council Adult Social Care is on an exciting innovation journey working towards the Three Conversation approach, a model that re-emphasises focus on people, their strengths and the networks and community around them.
Our Social Workers do all they can to make the difference to local communities in Gloucestershire. Here are some of the benefits we offer in return for your hard work.
- Regular formal and informal support
- Safe, supportive and positive working environment with regular, robust supervision
- Transfer options after two years in post, allowing for continuous development of skills and knowledge in different Adult Social Care settings.
- Accredited post-qualified training opportunities, enabling you to develop your skills
- Personal licences to Adults CCINFORM
- Access to mandatory training and additional topical bi-annual workshops.
- Clear career progression pathways, to support you in progressing professionally and personally
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) that provides free, confidential, counselling and advice for employees, available 24 hours a day, online and by telephone.
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Links to employee networks such as Prism (LGBT+) network and the Young Employees Network.
- Annual leave up to 29.5 days after 5 years employment
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Staff discount scheme that offers access to great savings including discounts with major supermarket chains and high street retailers
Join us today:
Hopefully you are encouraged to join our teams as a Newly Qualified Social Worker; to join our ASYE programme click “Apply Online” today! You will also find links to the Job Profile and Guidance Notes below.
If you feel you need further advice or would like to chat about other opportunities, please email ASCrecruitment@gloucestershire.gov.uk to arrange a convenient time for a call back. Position is subject to a DBS enhanced disclosure check.
* For interested professionals located in Wales and Scotland, please contact us to discuss your application.
If your application is shortlisted you will be invited to an assessment centre on the 12th or the 13th May 2020. Please ensure you are available on these dates prior to submitting your application. All candidates will be contacted w/c 4th May.