Senior Social Worker (Adults)
This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
Salary:£33,799.00 - £38,813.00
Location:County Offices - GL50 3EW
Closing date:30 April 2020 at midnight
Subject to meeting qualifying conditions, we offer relocation of up to £5,000 to use towards the cost of relocating to Gloucestershire.
About the role:
We have a full time Senior Social Worker position available in our Cheltenham Locality team. The team has a supportive and engaged management structure including an Integrated Social Care Manager, a Deputy Social Care Manager, four Advanced Practitioners and a Lead Social Care Assessor. It also consists of around 30 other staff members, including qualified Social Workers, Social Care Assessors and an administration team.
The Senior Social Worker role could be the perfect next step of your career; with this role offering you more challenge and complexity, without the added management responsibility. We look to our Senior Social Workers to provide expert Social Work Practice in complex situations, assessing and managing higher levels of risk. You will work closely with a range of professionals and more senior managers to ensure a balance of support and independence is achieved, through offering expert evidence based opinion.
As a Senior Social Worker, we understand the work you do on a daily basis and provide the support you need to make a difference to the people of Gloucestershire. To join us, you must:
- Have a social work qualification and be SWE* registered
- Have completed your ASYE* program and have at least 2 years post completion service
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Have the passion to promote people’s strengths and the ability to make a difference in a safe working approach to social work practice
- Have up to date knowledge of legislation and demonstrable experience of providing credible approaches to practice.
- Be able to prioritise, using a risk based approach
Gloucestershire County Council Adult Social Care is on an exciting innovation journey working towards the Three Conversation approach, a model that re-emphasises focus on people, their strengths and the networks and community around them.
Our Social Workers do all they can to make the difference to local communities in Gloucestershire. Here are some of the benefits we offer in return for your hard work.
- Regular formal and informal support
- Safe, supportive and positive working environment with regular, robust supervision
- Transfer options after two years in post, allowing for continuous development of skills and knowledge in different Adult Social Care settings.
- Accredited post-qualified training opportunities, enabling you to develop your skills
- Personal licences to Adults CCINFORM
- Access to mandatory training and additional topical bi-annual workshops.
- Clear career progression pathways, to support you in progressing professionally and personally
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) that provides free, confidential, counselling and advice for employees, available 24 hours a day, online and by telephone.
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Links to employee networks such as Prism (LGBT+) network and the Young Employees Network.
- Annual leave up to 29.5 days after 5 years employment
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Staff discount scheme that offers access to great savings including discounts with major supermarket chains and high street retailers
We’re closer than you think:
We are an easy commute from many locations, view our commuting times map to see what we mean. However, we understand that commuting isn’t for everyone, so if you are in the process of relocating, why not email us to discuss opportunities further.
To join a locally award winning team, click “Apply” today! You will also find links to the Job Profile and Guidance Notes below.
Alternatively, for an informal discussion, please contact ASCrecruitment@gloucestershire.gov.uk to arrange a convenient time for a call back.
* For interested professionals located in Wales and Scotland, please contact us to discuss your application.