Fair Access Officer
Salary:£19,554.00 - £20,751.00
Location:Block 4, 3rd Floor, Shire Hall, Westgate Street, Gloucester - GL1 2TP
Closing date:29 May 2020 at midnight
- assisting the Lead Officers to deliver statutory school admission appeals;
- providing advice and guidance to schools/academies and parents on school admission appeal and consultation legislation;
- assisting with the investigations of children missing education;
- assisting with paperwork for Senior Officer Review panels;
- communicating with schools and colleagues to gather information for admission arrangements and school admission appeals
The successful post holder will provide high level administrative skills and excellent customer service in a specific service area but will also be required to work across the whole team as required - working closely with colleagues, parents and schools to ensure that services are provided within timeframes.
These posts will require excellent organisational and IT skills and will be integral to meeting customer expectations within a pressurised front line service.
For further information please contact Amanda Johns on 01452 425173.
Interview Date - 10th & 11th June 2020.
We value diversity in our workforce and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
It is a legal requirement, under the Immigration Act 2016, that anyone appointed to a ‘customer facing role’ must be able to demonstrate an ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in fluent English.
Below you will also find links to the Job Profile and Guidance Notes. Click ‘Apply’ to continue.
Only if you have difficulty accessing the information published online should you contact GCC Appointments & People Sourcing Team by telephone 01452-425888 or e-mail to ContactUs@gloucestershire.gov.uk quoting the vacancy reference number above.