Paralegal – Debt recovery
Salary:£22,911.00 - £25,295.00
Location:Shire Hall, Westgate Street, Gloucester - GL1 2TG
Closing date:21 June 2020 at midnight
Rewarding work, rewarding you! It has to be Gloucestershire.
We currently have an amazing opportunity for a debt recovery paralegal to join the County Council’s Litigation Team. If you are happy to (1) hold a varied case load of pre-litigation and post-litigation debt recovery matters, (2) effectively manage a high volume caseload, (3) enjoy a flexible way of working, apply to us today.
The work that you will be carrying out will be pivotal in having a real impact on the people of Gloucestershire in so many different ways. By recovering debt you will be enabling the County Council to be in a better financial position to fund the services that are provided for the residents of Gloucestershire. In return you will part of a legal team that actively encourages career development opportunities should that be something of interest or importance to you.
If this is something that resonates with you, you will have the opportunity to:
- Deal with small, fast and multi track claims;
- Review the prospects of each case and advise clients;
- Negotiate settlements, Issue Court proceedings, and enforce judgments;
- Maintain a high level of client care and build excellent working relationships;
- Deal with litigation claims to include deceased matters under supervision;
- Progress your skills and knowledge in other litigious areas should you so wish.
As part of our team - along with the wide variety of work, the following great benefits are open to you:
- Competitive rate of pay from £22,911 to £25,295 per annum (depending on experience)
- Generous holiday allowance of between 24.5 and 29.5 day’s annual leave each year (excluding bank holidays)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Membership of the final salary Local Government Pension Scheme
- Ongoing support in your career development and progression – you will be part of a supportive team which will give you the opportunity to complete courses or apprenticeships to progress your career and qualifications.
In return we would like you:
- To have prior debt recovery experience;
- To preferably have completed a Law Degree/CILEx Level 6 or Legal Practice Course
- To have knowledge of Civil Procedure Rules and pre-action protocols from issue to settlement, costs and enforcement.
- To have had experience in small claims – although this would be advantageous, it is not essential.
- To have an excellent comprehension of volume debt recovery and litigation.
We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Gloucestershire. Gloucestershire County Council is a Stonewall Champion, a Mindful Employer and a Disability Confident Employer.
If you believe that you have the commitment and skills to make a difference , please apply to us by 21st June 2020, by visiting our website at www.gloucestershire/legal Please do not worry if you are unable to apply by this date however as we are continually looking for lawyers who wish to progress their career with us. Please ring Bonnie Styles on 01452 328722 to discuss. Alternatively, if you prefer to send us a CV rather than completing the application form, please submit this to firstname.lastname@example.org
We value diversity in our workforce and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
It is a legal requirement, under the Immigration Act 2016, that anyone appointed to a ‘customer facing role’ must be able to demonstrate an ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in fluent English.
Below you will also find links to the Job Profile and Guidance Notes. Click ‘Apply’ to continue.
Only if you have difficulty accessing the information published online should you contact GCC Appointments & People Sourcing Team by telephone 01452-425888 or e-mail to ContactUs@gloucestershire.gov.uk quoting the vacancy reference number above.