Housing Innovation Manager
This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
Salary: £48,465 - £56,216 dependent upon experience
Location:Gloucester, South West, England - GL1
Closing date:05 June 2020 at midnight
Gloucester is a dynamic and diverse city with a growing population in excess of 125,000. The city benefits from a fantastic heritage and environment and has a long tradition of partnership working and a vibrant voluntary and community sector.
Gloucester City Council strives to be a rewarding and positive place to work we know that our work has a direct effect on our residents and customers and how they view our organisation. We have developed a strong culture to be agile, flexible, innovative and relationship driven, building strong and trusted relationships with communities and partner organisations to achieve the best outcomes for our residents.
An exciting opportunity now exists to join the Council’s Housing Services team as “Housing Innovation Manager” The successful candidate will lead and manage an innovative Housing Service for the Council and contribute to shaping and delivering the Council’s strategic and corporate objectivesReporting to the Head of Communities, this role offers a unique opportunity to utilise your knowledge and expertise in a wide range of housing issues to innovate and transform the housing situation in Gloucester City.
In this role your key objectives will be:
- To lead and manage an innovative Housing Service for the Council and contribute to shaping and delivering its strategic and corporate objectives
- To innovate across a range of workstreams including a review of partnerships, opportunities for investments and exploring new ways of tackling street homelessness
- Champion the principles of asset-based community development and ensure that they are embedded within the service area
- To be part of the City Councils wider leadership team supporting the strategies, plans and policies of the council, ensuring the development of strong and cohesive communities
- Build effective and productive working relationships within the City Council and with other stakeholders and partners.
This is a varied and exciting role giving you the opportunity to be involved in a variety of different projects and taking ownership of these.
To be successful in this role we are looking for the following:
- Experience of successfully leading, developing and implementing policies and projects
- Previously worked within a housing services environment and with an understanding of the wider local authority housing functions
- Successful track record of working with contractors, partner agencies and community groups
- Experience of service innovation or transformation and a positive attitude to change and the implementation of new opportunities
- Leadership and management of high performing teams
You must demonstrate the ability to identify and respond to political context and act as the principal advisor on matters relating to housing strategy and delivery.
A full recruitment pack including a job profile, structure chart and a copy of the City Council’s plan are available at (https://www.arkconsultancy.co.uk/vacancy-gcc-housing-innovation-manager/)
To apply for this role, please send a CV and covering letter detailing your relevant experience in relation to the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is Friday 5th June 2020
Stage 1 interviews – w/c 15th June 2020
Stage 2 Assessment centre –Friday 10th July 2020