Adoption Team Managers - Adoption West
Salary: £43,662 - £45,591 per annum – pay award pending
Location:Gloucester - GL
Closing date:23 July 2020 at midnight
** Please note this is not a GCC vacancy **
Permanent, full Time will consider job share
Adoption West is a regional Adoption Agency and registered Voluntary providing adoption services for Bath & North East Somerset, Bristol, Gloucestershire, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and Wiltshire Councils. Adoption West operates out of 3 hubs across the region, with offices based in Bristol, Gloucester and Trowbridge.
This is an exciting time to join Adoption West as we build on our first year of operation and progress our commitment to improve performance and develop innovative best practice. We are looking to recruit two Team managers.
Team Manager - Regional Family Finding Team
We are creating a new regional Family Finding Team that will have the responsibility of working with our six partner councils to identify adoptive families for children who require permanence via adoption. This is an exciting opportunity to work with our experienced social workers who focus on family finding for children and develop this new team.
You can be based in any of our three hub offices, Bristol, Gloucester or Trowbridge. You will need to be able to travel around the region and so must be able to drive and have access to your own vehicle.
Team manager – Gloucester Hub
As the Team Manager you will be primarily responsible for:
• The recruitment and assessment of prospective adopters
• Provision of adoption support to adopted families
• The provision of a duty system, first contact for all enquires to the hub office
The Adoption Managers have a clear safeguarding remit to ensure that permanent placements for children are safe and sustainable and that children are skilfully matched with appropriate adopters.
You will be based in Shire Hall, Gloucester. You will need to be able to travel around the hub area and on occasions across the region and so must be able to drive and have access to your own vehicle.
Both Posts will report to the Service Manager and your principal role is to be the operational lead responsible for the delivery and development of effective adoption services, in accordance with Adoption Standards and Regulations.
You will need:
• A Social Work Qualification (degree or equivalent) and current registration with Social Worker England
• At least two years’ experience relevant to adoption within the past five years,
• At least one years’ experience supervising and managing professional staff
• In-depth knowledge and experience of childcare law and practice.
• The ability to analyse complex information to make recommendations and informed decisions
• Is an organisation with a wealth of experience and has a learning culture, committed to enabling the post holder to grow and develop in their role.
• Provides support through supervision and training.
• Offers flexible working arrangements, including job shares
• Provides a Local Government Pension Scheme and access to the Child Care vouchers scheme
If you have the experience, skills, knowledge and enthusiasm we are seeking and are looking for a new challenge then we look forward to hearing from you.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, as an employee you will be expected to share this commitment.
To apply please visit this website
Interviews will be held 23rd July 2020
For an informal discussion please contact Alison Lewis, Service Director on 07395798088 or Sue White, Service Manger on 07701 363491
Membership of a professional body or association. The job holder is responsible for payment of all professional fees, memberships, registrations or subscriptions and no reimbursement or contribution towards these will be provided by Adoption WestConfidentiality: Employees are expected to maintain the required level of confidentiality at all times in relation to their work.
This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and will require an Enhanced DBS check before appointment can be confirmed.