Social Worker (Adults) - Cotswolds
Salary:£29,636.00 - £32,878.00
Location:The Old School 47 Lewis Lane - GL7 1EB
Closing date:28 July 2020 at midnight
Subject to meeting qualifying conditions, we offer relocation of up to £5,000 to use towards the cost of relocating to Gloucestershire.
Are you an experienced Social Worker passionate about working with people to promote independence and dedicated to making a difference? Then we would love to hear from you!
About the role:
We have a full time (37 hours) Social Worker position available in our Cotswolds Locality team. The team has a supportive and engaged management structure including an Integrated Social Care Manager, a Deputy Social Care Manager, 3 Social Work Leads and a Social Care Lead. It also consists of around 30 other staff members, including qualified Senior Social Worker, Social Workers, Adult Social Care Practitioners and an administration team.
To find out more about working in the Cotswold Locality team, visit our “Meet the Teams” webpage here.
Our Social Workers must be able to listen hard to the people of Gloucestershire, to understand what really matters and to connect them to resources that help them continue with their chosen life, either with support or independently. You will also be working with individuals to help them to regain control of their lives in a crisis. In order to best support the people we work with, we need Social Workers who are experienced in promoting their own and others professional curiosity and who are competent in their knowledge of legislation and meeting their professional capabilities.
As Social Workers, we understand the work you do on a daily basis and provide the support you need to make a difference to the people of Gloucestershire. To join us, you must:
- Have a social work qualification and be SWE* registered
- Have completed your ASYE* program or have relevant statutory experience
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Have the passion to promote people’s strengths and the ability to make a difference in a safe working approach to social work practice
Gloucestershire County Council Adult Social Care is on an exciting journey working towards the Three Conversation approach, a model that re-emphasises focus on people, their strengths and the networks and community around them.
Our Social Workers do all they can to make the difference to local communities in Gloucestershire. Here are some of the benefits we offer in return for your hard work.
- Regular formal and informal support
- Safe, supportive and positive working environment with regular, robust supervision
- Transfer options after one year in post, allowing for continuous development of skills and knowledge in different Adult Social Care settings.
- Accredited post-qualified training opportunities, enabling you to develop your skills
- Personal licences to Adults CCINFORM
- Access to mandatory training and additional topical bi-annual workshops.
- Clear career progression pathways, to support you in progressing professionally and personally
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) that provides free, confidential, counselling and advice for employees, available 24 hours a day, online and by telephone.
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Links to employee networks such as Prism (LGBT+) network and the Young Employees Network
- Annual leave up to 29.5 days after 5 years employment
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Staff discount scheme that offers access to great savings including discounts with major supermarket chains and high street retailer
We’re closer than you think:
We are an easy commute from many locations, view our commuting times map to see what we mean. However, we understand that commuting isn’t for everyone, so if you are in the process of relocating, why not email us to discuss opportunities further.
To join a locally award winning team, click “Apply” today! You will also find links to the Job Profile and Guidance Notes below.
Alternatively, for an informal discussion, please contact ASCrecruitment@gloucestershire.gov.uk to arrange a convenient time for a call back.
* For interested professionals located in Wales and Scotland, please contact us to discuss your application.
This position is subject to an Adults Enhanced DBS disclosure check.