Adoption Recruitment and Assessment Social Worker - Adoption West
Salary: £32,029 - £33,799 per annum (pro rata) – pay award pending
Location:Gloucester Hub - GL1 2TP
Closing date:28 September 2020 at midnight
Please note this is not a Gloucestershire County Council vacancy
Permanent, Full Time based in the Gloucester Hub, a job share may be considered.
Adoption West is a regional adoption agency and registered voluntary adoption agency that provides adoption services for Bath & North East Somerset, Bristol, Gloucestershire, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and Wiltshire Councils. Adoption West operates out of 3 hubs across the region, with offices based in Bristol, Gloucester and Trowbridge.
This is an exciting time to join Adoption West as we build on our first year of operation and progress our commitment to improve performance and develop innovative best practice.
We are currently looking to recruit a full time social worker for the Recruitment and Assessment service based in the Gloucester office and undertaking assessments across Gloucestershire and South Gloucester.
To be considered for the interview you will need:
- A Social Work Qualification (degree or equivalent) and current registration with Social Work Englan
- Experience of working as a Social Worker with families or childre
- An understanding of early life experiences such as trauma or abuse and the impact they can have on children and young people throughout their live
- The ability to analyse complex information to make recommendations and informed decision
- The ability to work as part of a team, sharing knowledge and managing case
- The ability to use your own initiative and work independently
- Experience of managing your own caseload and working to deadline
- You will need to be able to travel around the hub area and on occasions across the region and so must be able to drive and have access to your own vehicle.
- Adoption West
- Is an organisation with a wealth of experience and has a learning culture, committed to enabling the post holder to grow and develop in their role.
- Provides support through supervision and training
- Welcomes applications from newly qualified social workers
- Offers flexible working arrangements, including job shares
- Provides a Local Government Pension Scheme and access to the Child Care vouchers scheme.
- If you have the experience, skills, knowledge and enthusiasm we are seeking and are looking for a new challenge then we look forward to hearing from you.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, as an employee you will be expected to share this commitment.
Find out more and apply
For an informal discussion please contact: Jane Priborsky, Team Manager (Trowbridge Hub) Telephone: 07701 363574
Membership of a professional body or association. The job holder is responsible for payment of all professional fees, memberships, registrations or subscriptions and no reimbursement or contribution towards these will be provided by Adoption West.
This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and will require an Enhanced DBS check before appointment can be confirmed.
Confidentiality: Employees are expected to maintain the required level of confidentiality at all times in relation to their work.