Service Manager - Adoption West
Salary: £54,601 - £58,208 per annum (pro rata)
Employment Type:Fixed Term
Location:Bristol, Gloucester or Trowbridge - GL1 2TP
Closing date:27 September 2020 at midnight
Please note this is not a Gloucestershire County Council vacancy
Temporary/fixed term - 18 months (with a view to being permanent)
Adoption West is a regional Adoption Agency and registered Voluntary Adoption Agency providing adoption services for Bath & North East Somerset, Bristol, Gloucestershire, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and Wiltshire Councils. Adoption West operates out of 3 hubs across the region, with offices based in Bristol, Gloucester and Trowbridge
This is an exciting time to join Adoption West as we build on our first year of operation and progress our commitment to improve performance and develop innovative best practice. We are creating a new regional Family Finding Team that will have the responsibility of working with our six partner councils to identify adoptive families for children who require permanence via adoption.
We are looking to recruit a service manager to lead on the development of our new Family Finding Team and manager our Adoption panels.
You can be based in any of our three hub offices, Bristol, Gloucester or Trowbridge. You will need to be able to travel around the region and so must be able to drive and have access to your own vehicle.
You will need:
- Professional Social Work qualification e.g. Degree in Social worker/Dip SW/CQSW equivalent
- Social Worker England registered Social Worker
- Substantial post qualification in social work, including covering a full range of childcare work including fostering and adoption
- Expert knowledge of legislation /regulations relating to adoption services
- Significant up to date knowledge of relevant legislation and guidance in relation to the protection and permanence planning for children and young people
- Proven experience of implementing strategies for service development which have led to service improvements
- Experience of effectively managing people, budgets, projects, initiatives & programs of work to meet defined targets & competing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience of leading and managing a team.
- Is an organisation with a wealth of experience and has a learning culture, committed to enabling the post holder to grow and develop in their role
- Provides support through supervision and training
- Offers flexible working arrangements, including job share
- Provides a Local Government Pension Scheme and access to the Child Care vouchers scheme
- If you have the experience, skills, knowledge and enthusiasm we are seeking and are looking for a new challenge then we look forward to hearing from you.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, as an employee you will be expected to share this commitment.
Find out more and apply
For an informal discussion please contact - Alison Lewis, Service Director. Email Alison.Lewis@wiltshire.gov.uk Telephone: 01225 712827
Membership of a professional body or association. The job holder is responsible for payment of all professional fees, memberships, registrations or subscriptions and no reimbursement or contribution towards these will be provided by Adoption West
This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and will require an Enhanced DBS check before appointment can be confirmed.
Confidentiality: Employees are expected to maintain the required level of confidentiality at all times in relation to their work.