Social Work Lead (Adults)
Salary:£40,876.00 - £43,857.00
Location:Redwood House Beeches Green Stroud - GL5 4AE
Closing date:09 November 2020 at midnight
Subject to meeting qualifying conditions, we offer relocation of up to £5,000 to use towards the cost of relocating to Gloucestershire.
Salary on offer is pro rata.
Are you looking to join an enthusiastic and motivated administration team at Gloucestershire County Council? Then we would love to hear from you!
About the role:
We have a part time (18.5 hours) Social Work Lead opportunity available within our Stroud Locality team. These hours need to be worked across Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
The Stroud team has a supportive and engaged management structure including an Integrated Social Care Manager, a Deputy Social Care Manager, Social Work Leads and a Social Care Lead. It also consists of around 35 other staff members, including qualified Senior Social Workers, Social Workers, Adult Social Care Practitioners and an Administration team.
To find out more about working in the Stroud Locality team, visit our “Meet the Teams” webpage here.
As a Social Work Lead, you will manage and take a lead role in the professional development of Social Workers and other practitioners through supervision, mentoring and offering advice. You will be expected to promote a culture of professional curiosity, encouraging accountability and role modelling this in your own best practice. We look to our Social Work Leads to coordinate and manage section 42 enquiries and to guide practitioners through other complex, high risk situations. Applicants must be able to demonstrate their practice experience and knowledge of legislation and be focused on delivering positive outcomes for the people of Gloucestershire.
This is a great time to join Gloucestershire County Council, as Adult Social Care is on an exciting journey, which focuses our approach into being more creative, strengths-based and person-centred, to ensure that we work together to ‘Make the Difference’ to our local communities! See how Gloucestershire Adult Social Care’s #Makethedifference approach is transforming lives and reinvigorating social work in the county by reading our Community Care Editorial.
As Social Work Leads, we understand the work you do on a daily basis and provide the support you need to make a difference to the people of Gloucestershire. To join us, you must:
- Have a Social Work qualification and be SWE* registered
- Have evidence of Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE) or equivalent qualification/statutory experience
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Have the passion to promote people’s strengths and the ability to make a difference in a safe working approach to social work practice
- Have up to date knowledge of legislation and demonstrable experience of providing credible approaches to practice.
- Have evidence of continuous professional development
Our Social Work Leads do all they can to make the difference to local communities in Gloucestershire. Here are some of the benefits we offer in return for your hard work.
- Regular formal and informal support
- Safe, supportive and positive working environment with regular, robust supervision
- Transfer options after one year in post, allowing for continuous development of skills and knowledge in different Adult Social Care settings.
- Accredited post-qualified training opportunities, enabling you to develop your skills
- Personal licences to Adults CCINFORM
- Access to mandatory training and additional topical bi-annual workshops.
- Clear career progression pathways, to support you in progressing professionally and personally
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) that provides free, confidential, counselling and advice for employees, available 24 hours a day, online and by telephone.
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Gloucestershire Salary Sacrifice Green Car Scheme (T&C's apply)
- Links to employee networks such as Prism (LGBT+) network and the Young Employees Network.
- Annual leave up to 29.5 days after 5 years employment
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Staff discount scheme that offers access to great savings including discounts with major supermarket chains and high street retailers
We’re closer than you think:
We are an easy commute from many locations, view our commuting times map to see what we mean.
To join a locally award winning team, click “Apply” today! You will also find links to the Job Profile and Guidance Notes below.
Alternatively, for an informal discussion, please contact ASCrecruitment@gloucestershire.gov.uk to arrange a convenient time for a call back.
* For interested professionals located in Wales and Scotland, please contact us to discuss your application.
This position is subject to an Adults Enhanced with Adults Barred List DBS disclosure check.
Gloucestershire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people or vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We value diversity in our workforce and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
It is a legal requirement, under the Immigration Act 2016, that anyone appointed to a ‘customer facing role’ must be able to demonstrate an ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in fluent English.
Below you will also find links to the Job Profile and Guidance Notes. Click ‘Apply’ to continue.