Senior Planning and Highways Lawyer
Salary:£40,876.00 - £43,857.00
Location:Legal Services, Shire Hall Complex, Gloucester - GL1 2TP
Closing date:03 December 2020 at midnight
We currently have an amazing opportunity for an experienced Senior Lawyer post within the County Council’s Corporate Infrastructure Advice Hub. If you are happy to undertake a wide range of high level legal work, able to work to tight deadlines and are flexible in the manner in which you work, apply to us today.
The work that you will be carrying out will have a real impact on the people of Gloucestershire in so many different ways. Contributions obtained through planning agreements help shape children’s lives through their formative years by ensuring that we have sufficient spaces and facilities to educate them. You will be helping to secure contributions that enable the County to support and upgrade its libraries and also help to shape the County’s road network system to keep the people of Gloucestershire moving.
If this is something that resonates with you, you will have the opportunity to:
- Draft bespoke highways agreements and planning agreements of all ranges of complexity;
- Provide high level planning, highways and rights of way advice
- Attend committees and appeals with the ability to delivery your own advocacy (where appropriate)
As part of our team - along with the wide variety of work, the following great benefits are open to you:
- Competitive rate of pay from £40,876 to £43,857 per annum (depending on experience)
- Between 24.5 and 29.5 day’s annual leave each year (excluding bank holidays)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Membership of the final salary Local Government Pension Scheme
In return you should be:
- a qualified lawyer or have extensive experience of working in this field
- Excellent/extensive knowledge of at least one of the specialist legal areas above
- The skills to be adaptable and ability to work to tight deadlines
We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Gloucestershire. Gloucestershire County Council is a Stonewall Champion, a Mindful Employer and a Disability Confident Employer.
If you believe that you have the commitment and skills to make a difference , please apply to us by 3rd December 2020 by visiting our website at www.gloucestershire/legal jobs Please do not worry if you are unable to apply by this date we are continually looking for lawyers who wish to progress their career with us. Please ring either Bridgette Boucher on 01452 328731 Alternatively, if you prefer to send us a CV rather than completing the application form, please submit this to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews - 10th & 11th December 2020.
Gloucestershire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people or vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We value diversity in our workforce and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
It is a legal requirement, under the Immigration Act 2016, that anyone appointed to a ‘customer facing role’ must be able to demonstrate an ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in fluent English.
Below you will also find links to the Job Profile and Guidance Notes. Click ‘Apply’ to continue.