Social Work Lead (Adults)
Salary:£40,876.00 - £43,857.00
Location:Learning Disabilities Team Shire Hall Westgate Street Gloucester - GL1 2TG
Closing date:10 December 2020 at midnight
Are you a registered Social Worker, with experience in Adult Social Care, looking for your next career move? We would love to hear from you!
Subject to meeting qualifying conditions, we offer relocation of up to £5,000 to use towards the cost of relocating to Gloucestershire.
About the role:
We have a full time Social Work Lead position available in our Learning Disabilities Team. The team has a supportive and engaged management structure including an Integrated Social Care Manager, two Deputy Social Care Managers, two Social Work Leads and four Social Care Leads. It also consists of around 50 other staff members, including qualified Social Workers, Adult Social Care Practitioners and a Transitions and Administration team.
To find out more about working in the Learning Disabilities Team visit our “Meet the Teams” webpage here
As a Social Work Lead, you will manage and take a lead role in the professional development of Social Workers and other practitioners through supervision, mentoring and offering advice. You will be expected to promote a culture of professional curiosity, encouraging accountability and role modelling this in your own best practice. We look to our Social Work Leads to coordinate and manage section 42 enquiries and to guide practitioners through other complex, high risk situations. Applicants must be able to demonstrate their practice experience and knowledge of legislation and be focused on delivering positive outcomes for the people of Gloucestershire.
As Social Work Leads, we understand the work you do on a daily basis and provide the support you need to make a difference to the people of Gloucestershire. To join us, you must:
- Have a social work qualification and be SWE* registered
- Have completed your ASYE* program and have at least 2 years post completion service
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Have the passion to promote people’s strengths and the ability to make a difference in a safe working approach to social work practice
- Have up to date knowledge of legislation and demonstrable experience of providing credible approaches to practice.
- Be able to prioritise, using a risk based approach
Gloucestershire County Council Adult Social Care is on an exciting innovation journey working towards the Three Conversation approach, a model that re-emphasises focus on people, their strengths and the networks and community around them.
Our Social Work Leads do all they can to make the difference to local communities in Gloucestershire. Here are some of the benefits we offer in return for your hard work.
- Regular formal and informal support
- Safe, supportive and positive working environment with regular, robust supervision
- Transfer options after one year in post, allowing for continuous development of skills and knowledge in different Adult Social Care settings.
- Accredited post-qualified training opportunities, enabling you to develop your skills
- Personal licences to Adults CCINFORM
- Access to mandatory training and additional topical bi-annual workshops.
- Clear career progression pathways, to support you in progressing professionally and personally
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) that provides free, confidential, counselling and advice for employees, available 24 hours a day, online and by telephone.
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Gloucestershire Salary Sacrifice Green Car Scheme (T&C's apply)
- Links to employee networks such as Prism (LGBT+) network and the Young Employees Network.
- Annual leave up to 29.5 days after 5 years employment
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Staff discount scheme that offers access to great savings including discounts with major supermarket chains and high street retailers
We’re closer than you think:
We are an easy commute from many locations, view our commuting times map to see what we mean. However, we understand that commuting isn’t for everyone, so if you are in the process of relocating, why not email us to discuss opportunities further.
To join a locally award winning team, click “Apply” today! You will also find links to the Job Profile and Guidance Notes below.
Alternatively, for an informal discussion, please contact ASCrecruitment@gloucestershire.gov.uk to arrange a convenient time for a call back.
* For interested professionals located in Wales and Scotland, please contact us to discuss your application.
This Position is subject to a DBS check.
Gloucestershire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people or vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We value diversity in our workforce and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
It is a legal requirement, under the Immigration Act 2016, that anyone appointed to a ‘customer facing role’ must be able to demonstrate an ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in fluent English.
Below you will also find links to the Job Profile and Guidance Notes. Click ‘Apply’ to continue.