Adoption Team Manager - Adoption West
This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
Salary: £44,863 - £46,845 per annum
Location:Gloucester - GL1 2TP
Closing date:27 January 2021 at midnight
This is not a Gloucestershire County Council vacancy therefore please contact the organisation direct for further information.
Adoption Team Manager – permanent full time vacancy based at Adoption West’s Gloucester Hub.
Adoption West is a Regional Voluntary Adoption Agency providing adoption services for six local authorities; Bath & North East Somerset, Bristol, Gloucestershire, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and Wiltshire Councils. Adoption West operates out of 3 hubs across the region, with offices based in Bristol, Gloucester and Trowbridge.
This is an exciting time to join Adoption West. We have a commitment to improve performance as well as enthusiasm to develop innovative best practice. We are looking for a Team Manager to join our experienced team in the Gloucester hub.
As the Team Manager you will be primarily responsible for:
- The recruitment and assessment of prospective adopters
- Provision of adoption support to adopted families
- The provision of a duty system, first contact for all enquires to the hub office
The Adoption Managers have a clear safeguarding remit to ensure that permanent placements for children are safe and sustainable and that children are skilfully matched with appropriate adopters.
You will be based in Shire Hall, Gloucester, although in current circumstances working from home. You will need to be able to travel around the hub area and on occasions across the region and so must be able to drive and have access to your own vehicle. You will report to the Service Manager and your principal role is to be the operational lead responsible for the delivery and development of effective adoption services, in accordance with Adoption Standards and Regulations.
You will need:
- A Social Work Qualification (degree or equivalent) and current registration with Social Work England
- At least two years’ experience relevant to adoption within the past five years, either in an adoption team or childcare team overseeing adoption plans for children
- At least one-year experience of supervising and managing professional staff
- In-depth knowledge and experience of childcare law and practice
- The ability to analyse complex information to make recommendations and informed decisions
- Is an organisation with a wealth of experience and has a learning culture, committed to enabling the post holder to grow and develop in their role
- Provides support through supervision and training
- Offers flexible working arrangements
- Provides a Local Government Pension Scheme and access to the Child Care vouchers scheme
If you have the experience, skills, knowledge and enthusiasm we are seeking and are looking for a new challenge then we look forward to hearing from you.
Interviews are scheduled for 4th February 2021.
Find out more and apply
For an informal discussion please contact Alison Lewis, Service Director on 07395798088 or email Alison.email@example.com or contact Sue White, Service Manger on 07701 363491 or email Sue.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Membership of a professional body or association. The job holder is responsible for payment of all professional fees, memberships, registrations or subscriptions and no reimbursement or contribution towards these will be provided by Adoption West
- This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and will require an Enhanced DBS check before appointment can be confirmed
- Confidentiality: Employees are expected to maintain the required level of confidentiality at all times in relation to their work
Please download and read the role description and person specification carefully before you apply (see below), as well as our values and behaviours framework (Approximately half of all interview questions relate to the framework).
You can then make your application online by clicking the apply button at the bottom of this web page. If you are submitting a CV please ensure you read our CV and cover letter criteria carefully to avoid your CV being rejected.
All candidates are assessed against the Council’s Behaviours Framework (available below) during the interviewing process. Approximately half of all questions relate to the framework.