This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
Salary:£18,933.00 - £19,698.00
Location:Shire Hall Westgate Street Gloucester - GL1 2TG
Closing date:20 January 2021 at midnight
Are you looking to join an enthusiastic and motivated administration team at Gloucestershire County Council? Then we would love to hear from you!
About the role:
We are looking for a part-time (18.5 hours) Team Administrator to help provide an efficient clerical and administrative service for our Gloucester Locality Team within Adult Social Care. You will support the delivery of a comprehensive support service to the wider Social Care team and work towards meeting the needs of the wider community. To find out more about working in Gloucestershire, visit our “Meet the Teams” webpage here.
We are looking for someone with excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills. A professional telephone manner is essential as you will also be taking calls from both internal colleagues and the customers we support. Excellent typing and general IT Skills are required and knowledge of the ERIC database would be beneficial.
If you are proactive with excellent administration skills and enjoy working within a team to provide support to internal and external customers to meet targets and deadlines, then this could be the ideal role for you!
This is a great time to join Gloucestershire County Council, as Adult Social Care is on an exciting journey, which focuses our approach into being more creative, strengths-based and person-centred, to ensure that we work together to ‘Make the Difference’ to our local communities! See how Gloucestershire Adult Social Care’s #Makethedifference approach is transforming lives and reinvigorating social work in the county by reading our Community Care Editorial.
As part of the rewards package you will receive when working with us, Gloucestershire County Council provides the following in return for your hard work:
- Regular formal and informal support
- Safe, supportive and positive working environment with regular, robust supervision
- Access to mandatory training and additional topical bi-annual workshops.
- Clear career progression pathways, to support you in progressing professionally and personally
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) that provides free, confidential, counselling and advice for employees, available 24 hours a day, online and by telephone.
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Gloucestershire Salary Sacrifice Green Car Scheme (T&C's apply)
- Links to employee networks such as Prism (LGBT+) network and the Young Employees Network.
- Annual leave up to 29.5 days after 5 years employment
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Staff discount scheme that offers access to great savings including discounts with major supermarket chains and high street retailers
We’re closer than you think:
We are an easy commute from many locations, view our commuting times map to see what we mean. However, we understand that commuting isn’t for everyone, so if you are in the process of relocating, why not email us to discuss opportunities further.
To join a locally award winning team, click “Apply” today! You will also find links to the Job Profile and Guidance Notes below. Alternatively, for an informal discussion, please contact ASCrecruitment@gloucestershire.gov.uk to arrange a convenient time for a call back.
This position is subject to a Basic DBS disclosure check.
Gloucestershire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people or vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We value diversity in our workforce and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
It is a legal requirement, under the Immigration Act 2016, that anyone appointed to a ‘customer facing role’ must be able to demonstrate an ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in fluent English.
Below you will also find links to the Job Profile and Guidance Notes. Click ‘Apply’ to continue.