Rehabilitation Officer Visually Impaired (ROVI)
Salary:£30,451.00 - £33,782.00
Location:Shire Hall - GL1 2TG
Closing date:03 February 2021 at midnight
Are you an experienced Rehabilitation Officer passionate about working with people to promote independence and dedicated to making a difference? We would love to hear from you!
About the role:
We have a full time Rehabilitation Officer – Visual Impairment (ROVI) position available in our Sensory Team. The team has a supportive and engaged management structure including an Integrated Social Care Manager and a Sensory Team Lead, and you will be working alongside three Rehabilitation Officers.
As a ROVI, you will work as part of an integrated service with people who have significant sight loss to improve their choice and quality of life. As a ROVI in our team you will make use of timely interventions to maximise long term independence and minimise ongoing support. You will use your knowledge to provide individuals, their families and carers with information and advice on other relevant sources of emotional, material or financial help, where this is available.
As ROVIs, we understand the work you do on a daily basis and provide the support you need to make a difference to the people of Gloucestershire. To join us, you must have:
- A diploma in Rehabilitation for Visually Impaired People
- An awareness of visual and hearing impairments and the impact they can have on an individual
- Experience of working in a Health & Social Care setting
- Good IT Skills
- BSL level 2, the ability to communicate at this level or a willingness to work towards
Gloucestershire County Council Adult Social Care is on an exciting innovation journey working towards the Three Conversation approach, a model that re-emphasises focus on people, their strengths and the networks and community around them.
Our Rehabilitation Officers do all they can to make the difference to local communities in Gloucestershire. Here are some of the benefits we offer in return for your hard work.
- Regular formal and informal support
- Safe, supportive and positive working environment with regular, robust supervision
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) that provides free, confidential, counselling and advice for employees, available 24 hours a day, online and by telephone.
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Links to employee networks such as Prism (LGBT+) network and the Young Employees Network.
- Annual leave up to 29.5 days after 5 years employment
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Staff discount scheme that offers access to great savings including discounts with major supermarket chains and high street retailers
We’re closer than you think:
We are an easy commute from many locations, view our commuting times map to see what we mean.
To join our team click “Apply” today! You will also find links to the Job Profile and Guidance Notes below.
Alternatively, for an informal discussion, please contact ASCrecruitment@gloucestershire.gov.uk to arrange a convenient time for a call back.