Social Worker - Adoption West
Salary: £32,910 - £34,728 per annum
Location:Adoption West, Gloucester Hub - GL1
Closing date:27 January 2021 at midnight
This is not a Gloucestershire County Council vacancy therefore please contact the organisation directly for further information.
Adoption West is a regional adoption agency and registered voluntary adoption agency providing adoption services for Bath & North East Somerset, Bristol, Gloucestershire, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and Wiltshire Councils. Adoption West operates out of three hubs across the region, with offices based in Bristol, Gloucester and Trowbridge.
This is an exciting time to join Adoption West as we build on our first year of operation and progress our commitment to improve performance and develop innovative best practice. We are looking to recruit a Team Manager to the Gloucester Hub.
We are looking to recruit a full time Social Worker for the Recruitment and Assessment service based in the Gloucester office and undertake assessments across Gloucestershire and South Gloucester. A job share may be considered.
- Is an organisation with a wealth of experience and has a learning culture, committed to enabling the post holder to grow and develop in their role
- Provides support through supervision and training
- Welcomes applications from newly qualified social workers
- Offers flexible working arrangements, including job shares
- Provides a Local Government Pension Scheme and access to the Child Care vouchers scheme
As a Recruitment and Assessment Social Worker you will need:
- A Social Work Qualification (degree or equivalent) and current registration with Social Work England
- Experience of working as a Social Worker with families or children
- An understanding of early life experiences such as trauma or abuse and the impact they can have on children and young people throughout their lives
- The ability to analyse complex information to make recommendations and informed decisions
- The ability to work as part of a team, sharing knowledge and managing cases
- The ability to use your own initiative and work independently
- Experience of managing your own caseload and working to deadlines
- You will need to be able to travel around the hub area and on occasions across the region and so must be able to drive and have access to your own vehicle
If you have the experience, skills, knowledge and enthusiasm we are seeking and are looking for a new challenge then we look forward to hearing from you.
Unless otherwise indicated, all interviews are held virtually on Microsoft Teams or by phone where this is not possible. Candidates will be sent a link before interview to download the Teams App.