Adult Social Care Practitioner (Adults, Learning Disabilities)
This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
Salary:£26,511.00 - £29,577.00
Location:Learning Disabilities, Adult Social Care, Shire Hall Complex, Gloucester - GL1 2TP
Closing date:15 April 2021 at midnight
Are you passionate about working with people to promote independence and dedicated to making a difference? Are you looking for your next career move within Adult Health & Social Care? Then we would love to hear from you!
About the role:
We have part time (22.2 hours) Adult Social Care Practitioner positions available in our Learning Disabilities team. The team has a supportive and engaged management structure including an Integrated Social Care Manager, two Deputy Social Care Managers, Social Work Leads and Social Care Leads. It also consists of around 55 other staff members, including qualified Senior Social Workers, Social Workers, Adult Social Care Practitioners and an administration team.
To find out more about working in the Learning Disabilities Locality, visit our “Meet the Teams” webpage here.
As an Adult Social Care Practitioner, you will be undertaking assessments and support plans with people who have physical disabilities or other complex needs. This role will involve working with families, carers and other professionals, agencies and organisations across Gloucestershire.
The work is focused on promoting independence, enabling the individuals we work with to remain in their own homes and reduce the need for hospital admission or long term care. The ideal candidate will be someone who has experience of working in a health and/or social care setting and who has knowledge of the Care Act; and the ability to apply it in practice. See how Gloucestershire Adult Social Care’s #Makethedifference approach is transforming lives and reinvigorating social work in the county by reading our Community Care Editorial.
As Adult Social Care Practitioners, we understand the work you do on a daily basis and provide the support you need to make a difference to the people of Gloucestershire. To join us, you must have:
- relevant qualification equivalent to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent experience within Health and Social Care
- training related to Health and Social Care assessments
- experience of managing a caseload including working with people experiencing a range of physical disabilities, medical, mental health difficulties and learning difficulties
- evidence of good interpersonal skills, good verbal / written communication
- good IT skills
Gloucestershire County Council Adult Social Care is on an exciting innovation journey working towards the Three Conversation approach, a model that re-emphasises focus on people, their strengths and the networks and community around them.
Our Adult Social Care Practitioners do all they can to make the difference to local communities in Gloucestershire. Here are some of the benefits we offer in return for your hard work.
- Regular formal and informal support
- Safe, supportive and positive working environment with regular, robust supervision
- Transfer options after one year in post, allowing for continuous development of skills and knowledge in different Adult Social Care settings.
- Accredited post-qualified training opportunities, enabling you to develop your skills
- Personal licences to Adults CCINFORM
- Access to mandatory training and additional topical bi-annual workshops.
- Clear career progression pathways, to support you in progressing professionally and personally
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) that provides free, confidential, counselling and advice for employees, available 24 hours a day, online and by telephone.
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Links to employee networks such as Prism (LGBT+) network and the Young Employees Network
- Annual leave up to 29.5 days after 5 years employment
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Staff discount scheme that offers access to great savings including discounts with major supermarket chains and high street retailers
- Gloucestershire Salary Sacrifice Green Car Scheme (T&C's apply)
We’re closer than you think:
We are an easy commute from many locations, view our commuting times map to see what we mean. However, we understand that commuting isn’t for everyone, so if you are in the process of relocating, why not email us to discuss opportunities further.
To join a locally award winning team, click “Apply” today! You will also find links to the Job Profile and Guidance Notes below.
Alternatively, for an informal discussion, please contact ASCrecruitment@gloucestershire.gov.uk to arrange a convenient time for a call back.
This position is subject to an Adults Enhanced with Adults Barred List DBS disclosure check.
We value diversity in our workforce and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
It is a legal requirement, under the Immigration Act 2016, that anyone appointed to a ‘customer facing role’ must be able to demonstrate an ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in fluent English.Below you will also find links to the Job Profile and Guidance Notes. Click ‘Apply’ to continue.