This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
Salary:£20,092.00 - £21,322.00 Pro Rata
Location:Shire Hall Westgate Street Gloucester - GL1 2TG
Closing date:05 May 2021 at midnight
About the role:
We are looking for a part time (18 hours, flexible working pattern) Administrator to help provide efficient service and support for our Recruitment & Retention Team within Adult Social Care.
This role involves working alongside the Recruitment & Retention Coordinators to support the administrative needs of the team and the wider service area, and will include:
- Day to day recruitment activities including advertising vacancies, scheduling interviews and the on-boarding of new recruits.
- Supporting and contributing to Recruitment & Retention initiatives such as campaigns, inductions, training and events
- Facilitating meetings, booking rooms and venues
- Maintaining up to date and accurate spreadsheets.
- Taking notes and typing minutes
This role is mostly remote working during the Covid-19 pandemic, subject to change. It may be a requirement to work from the office in Shire Hall to support with your initial induction.
We are looking for someone with excellent communication and organisational skills. Experience of working in a recruitment environment is beneficial and you will be taking calls from internal colleagues as well as members of the public, so a professional telephone manner is a must.
Excellent IT skills are essential, including knowledge of video conferencing systems. You will also be processing SAP orders for the service and dealing with queries and issues relating to SAP shopping orders so experience using SAP would be useful. All training will be provided.
If you are a proactive administrator, have a flexible approach to working and enjoy working within a team to provide support to internal and external customers, then this could be the ideal role for you.
This is an great time to join Gloucestershire County Council, as Adult Social Care is on an exciting innovation journey, which focuses our approach into being more creative, strengths-based and person-centred, to ensure that we work together to ‘Make the Difference’ to our local communities!
As part of the rewards package you will receive when working with us, Gloucestershire County Council provides the following in return for your hard work:
- Regular formal and informal support
- Safe, supportive and positive working environment with regular, robust supervision
- Access to mandatory training and additional topical bi-annual workshops.
- Clear career progression pathways, to support you in progressing professionally and personally
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) that provides free, confidential, counselling and advice for employees, available 24 hours a day, online and by telephone.
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Links to employee networks such as Prism (LGBT+) network and the Young Employees Network.
- Gloucestershire Salary Sacrifice Green Car Scheme (T&C's apply)
- Annual leave up to 29.5 days after 5 years employment
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Staff discount scheme that offers access to great savings including discounts with major supermarket chains and high street retailers
We’re closer than you think:
We are an easy commute from many locations, view our commuting times map to see what we mean.
To join our team, click “Apply” today! You will also find links to the Job Profile and Guidance Notes below.
Should you have any queries, please contact ASCrecruitment@gloucestershire.gov.uk
Gloucestershire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people or vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We value diversity in our workforce and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
It is a legal requirement, under the Immigration Act 2016, that anyone appointed to a ‘customer facing role’ must be able to demonstrate an ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in fluent English.
Below you will also find links to the Job Profile and Guidance Notes. Click ‘Apply’ to continue.