Adoption Support Worker - Adoption West
Salary: £22,021 - £23,836 per annum (pro rata)
Employment Type:Fixed Term
Location:Bristol - See Advert
Closing date:20 May 2021 at midnight
This is not a Gloucestershire County Council vacancy therefore please contact the organisation direct for further information.
This is not a Wiltshire Council vacancy therefore please contact the organisation direct for further information.
Temporary 1 year part time (18.5 hours)
£22,021 - £23,836 per annum (pro rata)
Adoption West is a regional Adoption Agency and registered Voluntary providing adoption services for Bath & North East Somerset, Bristol, Gloucestershire, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and Wiltshire Councils. Adoption West operates out of 3 hubs across the region, with offices based in Bristol, Gloucester and Trowbridge
This is an exciting time to join Adoption West as we build on our first year of operation and progress our commitment to improve performance and develop innovative best practice. We are looking to recruit two FTE Support Workers:
Bristol Hub Office – supporting adoption support services for families in the Bristol and North Somerset areas. You will need to be able to travel around the region and so must be able to drive and have access to your own vehicle.
The Support Worker post provides essential support to the Adoption Service activity. The tasks that you will undertake includes letter box and direct contact between adoptive families and birth families, direct work with children and young people, and assessment information gathering. You may assist with the home finding process by completing profiles of children who enquire an adoption placement. The support given by this group of staff is essential to the Adoption Support SW task. They are often the first point of contact for calls to the teams, providing a supportive responsive to adoptive families on a range of issues, they take referral details, enter onto appropriate IT systems and pass to the Adoption Team Manager /Deputy Team Manager
You will need:
- A levels / National Diploma or equivalent experience/skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work on own initiative against deadline
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Proven negotiation skills especially when working with customers who may be upset and stresse
- Self-sufficient in planning and organising own work, including recording, storing and retrieving required data and informatio
- Aware of Government initiatives in relation to Adoption best practice and procedures. To be an active team player by contributing to the development of the service, ensuring the customer is always at the centre of such development
- Good I.T. skill
- Fluent in English
- is an organisation with a wealth of experience and has a learning culture, committed to enabling the post holder to grow and develop in their role
- provides support through supervision and training
- welcomes applications from newly qualified social worker
- offers flexible working arrangements, including job share
- provides a Local Government Pension Scheme and access to the Child Care vouchers scheme
If you have the experience, skills, knowledge and enthusiasm we are seeking and are looking for a new challenge then we look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date: 20th May 2021
Interview date: 28th May 2021
For an informal discussion please contact: Anjali Gupta, Deputy Team Manager (Adoption Support) – Anjali.Gupta@adoptionwest.co.uk or 07395798092
Membership of a professional body or association. The job holder is responsible for payment of all professional fees, memberships, registrations or subscriptions and no reimbursement or contribution towards these will be provided by Adoption West
This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and will require an Enhanced DBS check before appointment can be confirmed.
Confidentiality: Employees are expected to maintain the required level of confidentiality at all times in relation to their work
All candidates are assessed against the Council’s Behaviours Framework (available below) during the interviewing process. Approximately half of all questions relate to the framework.