Head of Service - Commissioning for Placements
Salary:£66,114.00 - £73,341.00
Location:Children & Families Hub, Commissioning, Shire Hall Complex, Gloucester - GL1 2TP
Closing date:02 July 2021 at midnight
Gloucestershire County Council’s well regarded Children and Families Commissioning Hub is looking to recruit a Head of Service to lead on Children in Care commissioning.
You will be;
- a qualified Social Worker registered with Social Work England; or hold another relevant qualification to the role
- have significant experience of statutory childrens services including Safeguarding and/or Corporate Parenting;
- be an existing Head of Service or a Service Manager looking for a more senior role;
- have experience of working with commissioned services and the development of new and innovative programmes.
as well as having a desire to develop those skills further.
We are passionate about;
- getting the right service to our young people at the right time;
- improving outcomes;
- thinking outside of the box to get the best results.
The successful candidate will lead on the following areas;
- Placements, including in house and commissioned provision;
- External framework development and management;
- Block contracts.
and will work with colleague Heads of Service across Early Help, Health, Youth and Children’s Social Care in order to provide a holistic commissioning service and improve outcomes for our children and young people.
For further information please contact Wendy Williams, Assistant Director Integrated Children and Families Commissioning Hub - email@example.com
We value diversity in our workforce and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
It is a legal requirement, under the Immigration Act 2016, that anyone appointed to a ‘customer facing role’ must be able to demonstrate an ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in fluent English.
Below you will also find a link to the Job Profile. Click ‘Apply’ to continue.