Salary:£18,933.00 - £19,698.00
Location:Redwood House, Beeches Green, Stroud - GL5 4AE
Closing date:27 June 2021 at midnight
Are you looking to join an enthusiastic and motivated administration team at Gloucestershire County Council? Then we would like to hear from you!
About the role:
We are looking for a full-time Administrator to help provide an efficient clerical and administrative service for our Stroud Locality Team within Adult Social Care. The ideal candidate will have experience of working in a customer facing environment as the role involves undertaking phone calls and general office duties. You will be required to work independently as well as within a supportive team setting.
You will support the delivery of a comprehensive support service to the wider Social Care team and work towards meeting the needs of the wider community.
To find out more about working in the Stroud Locality, visit our “Meet the Teams” webpage here.
We are looking for someone with excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills. A professional telephone manner is essential as you will also be taking calls from both internal colleagues and the customers we support. Excellent typing and general IT Skills are required and knowledge of the LiquidLogic database would be beneficial.
If you are proactive with excellent administration skills and enjoy working within a team, then this could be the ideal role for you!
This is a great time to join Gloucestershire County Council, as Adult Social Care is on an exciting journey, which focuses on a more creative, strengths-based and person-centred approach, to ensure that we work together to ‘Make the Difference’ supporting our local communities! See how Gloucestershire Adult Social Care’s #Makethedifference approach is transforming lives and reinvigorating social work in the county by reading our Community Care Editorial.
As part of the rewards package you will receive when working with us, Gloucestershire County Council provides the following in return for your hard work:
- Regular formal and informal support
- Safe, supportive and positive working environment with regular, robust supervision
- Access to mandatory training and additional topical bi-annual workshops.
- Clear career progression pathways, to support you in progressing professionally and personally
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) that provides free, confidential, counselling and advice for employees, available 24 hours a day, online and by telephone.
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Gloucestershire Salary Sacrifice Green Car Scheme (T&C's apply)
- Links to employee networks such as Prism (LGBT+) network and the Young Employees Network.
- Annual leave up to 29.5 days after 5 years employment
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Staff discount scheme that offers access to great savings including discounts with major supermarket chains and high street retailers
We’re closer than you think:
We are an easy commute from many locations, view our commuting times map to see what we mean.
To join a locally award winning team, click “Apply” today! You will also find links to the Job Profile and Guidance Notes below.
Should you have any questions, please email ASCrecruitment@gloucestershire.gov.uk directly.
We value diversity in our workforce and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
It is a legal requirement, under the Immigration Act 2016, that anyone appointed to a ‘customer facing role’ must be able to demonstrate an ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in fluent English.
Below you will also find links to the Job Profile and Guidance Notes. Click ‘Apply’ to continue.
Only if you have difficulty accessing the information published online should you contact GCC Appointments & People Sourcing Team by e-mail to ContactUs@gloucestershire.gov.uk quoting the vacancy reference number above.