Assistant Manager – GCC Respite services
Salary:£30,451.00 - £33,782.00
Employment Type:Fixed Term
Location:Shire Hall, Gloucester, Westgate Street, Gloucester - GL1 2TG
Closing date:27 July 2021 at midnight
The Assistant Manager will work as part of the management and leadership team to ensure that the services are delivering care that is caring, of good quality, safe, effective and responsive. This will involve the day to day line management of care staff. The services currently support adults with Learning Disabilities, providing quality care that is tailored to the individual’s needs and preferences. Within our services we are proud to have over 80 dedicated employees, including residential support workers, managers and support staff, who work together to achieve our purpose.
We are looking for an individual who is knowledgeable of the required standards of care within regulated services and who has a positive and enabling approach to delivering these standards as a leader within the service. You will work to ensure all of our services remain accessible and are structured in a way that provides flexibility, reliability and continuity.
As a member of the leadership team you will engage in new and upcoming projects to drive up quality standards and to contribute to the overall strategy and vision, which aims: to reach out to more people, to build stronger relationships with other services, organisations and communities, and to be sustainable within the sector’s financial context.To be successful in this role you will need experience of working in a health and/or social care setting with vulnerable adults, desirably in a supervisory or leadership role. You should be a creative, confident leader that can motivate countywide teams to deliver high-quality services. Communicating and managing change will also be part of your strengths to deliver our ambitious vision. The people we support will be at the heart of what you believe and do.
Here are some of the benefits we offer in return:
- Regular formal and informal support
- Safe, supportive and positive working environment with regular, robust supervision
- Access to a wide range of internal services
- Access to mandatory training and additional workshops
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) that provides free, confidential, counselling and advice for employees, available 24 hours a day, online and by telephone.
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Gloucestershire Salary Sacrifice Green Car Scheme (T&C's apply)
- Links to employee networks such as Prism (LGBT+) network and the Young Employees Network
- Annual leave up to 29.5 days after 5 years employment
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Staff discount scheme that offers access to great savings including discounts with major supermarket chains and high street retailers
If this sounds exciting to you, and you have the skills, experience and motivation to help us make the difference, we look forward to hearing from you.
For an informal discussion please contact firstname.lastname@example.org Yasmin Purchase.
Secondment open to internal candidates.
We value diversity in our workforce and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
It is a legal requirement, under the Immigration Act 2016, that anyone appointed to a ‘customer facing role’ must be able to demonstrate an ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in fluent English.
Below you will also find links to the Job Profile and Guidance Notes. Click ‘Apply’ to continue.
If you wish to apply for this position on a secondment basis, please obtain approval from your current line manager that you may be released on a secondment before submitting an application form.