Adoption Social Worker - Adoption West
This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
Salary: £32,910 - £34,728 GBP per annum
Location:Various - See advert - GL1
Closing date:26 July 2021 at midnight
This is not a Gloucestershire County Council vacancy therefore please contact Adoption West directly for further information.
Location: Gloucester Hub
Adoption West became a Regional Adoption Agency and VAA on 1st March 2019 and is commissioned to provide adoption services for six local authorities: Bath & North East Somerset, Bristol, Gloucestershire, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and Wiltshire Councils. Adoption West operates from 3 hubs across the region based in Bristol, Gloucester and Trowbridge. Each Adoption Hub undertakes all aspects of adoption, recruitment, assessment, family finding and the coordination of adoption support services.
Adoption West currently has a vacancy for a full time Recruitment and Assessment social worker based in the Gloucester Hub, located in Shire Hall, Gloucester, although currently working from home.
This is an exciting time to join Adoption West as we build on the solid foundations already in place, and aim to improve performance in meeting the needs of those children who require permanence through adoption.
You will need:
- A Social Work Qualification (degree or equivalent) and current registration with the HCPC
- Experience of working as a Social Worker with children and families
- An understanding of early life experiences such as trauma or abuse and the impact they can have on children and young people throughout their livesThe ability to analyse complex information to make recommendations and informed decisions
- The ability to work both as part of a team, sharing knowledge and managing cases
- The ability to use your own initiative and work independently
- Experience of managing your own caseload and working to deadlines
This is a full time post requiring you to work flexibly. You will need to be able to travel around the hub area and on occasions across the region and so must be able to drive and have access to your own vehicle.
You will report to the Hub Manager and contribute to the delivery and development of effective adoption services, in accordance with Adoption Standards and Regulations.
Adoption West will ensure you are supported in your role through supervision and training. You will be part of the development of a developing service which will drive forward high standards and aim for excellence in the practice of adoption.
Adoption West is a learning organisation and are committed to enabling the post holder to grow and develop in the role.
If you have the experience, skills, knowledge and enthusiasm we are seeking and are looking for a new challenge then we look forward to hearing from you.
Interviews are scheduled for 2nd August 2021