Newly Qualified Social Worker (ASYE) - Adult Social Care
Salary: £30,351 - £31,346
Location:Cheltenham and Gloucester Locality Teams - GL1 2TP
Closing date:01 August 2021 at midnight
Are you an enthusiastic Newly Qualified Social Worker (NQSW) passionate about working with people and committed in your own learning and development? Then we would love to hear from you!
About the role:
Gloucestershire County Council Adult Social Care is pleased to extend invitations to Newly Qualified Social Workers to undertake a mandatory supportive and dynamic Assessed and Supported Year of Employment (ASYE) within our Cheltenham and Gloucester Locality Teams!
The ASYE is an induction year; supporting NQSW's to establish themselves on the first step of their professional career. All NQSW’s who are enrolled on our ASYE will be offered a robust, structured ASYE programme (which has been developed through feedback from ASYE Social Workers), peer supervision, practice development workshops and access to a dedicated ASYE coordinator from the Practice Development Team to support you throughout your programme.
The teams have supportive and engaged management structures which include Integrated Social Care Managers, Deputy Social Care Managers, Social Work Leads and Social Care Leads. Other staff members include qualified Senior Social Workers, Social Workers, Adult Social Care Practitioners and supportive Administration teams.
We encourage you to take a look at our commuting times map to see how accessible our Cheltenham and Gloucester Locality Teams are to you. You can find out more about the Teams on our “Meet our Teams” website page here.
We are looking for two passionate Newly Qualified Social Workers who are able to identify themselves against the nine domains of the professional capabilities framework. You must be enthusiastic about learning and developing your practice as a professional, modelling quality and creating space for reflection. We will offer you an environment catered to do this, including challenging you with professional curiosity and supporting you to build effective working relationships within a professional network.
To be eligible for the ASYE programme, you need to have been qualified within the last two years and be registered with Social Work England (SWE). If you haven’t received your qualification or SWE registration yet, then you should only apply if you are expecting to receive/apply for these this academic year, meaning you are able to begin your ASYE programme in mid-October 2021.
Gloucestershire County Council Adult Social Care utilises the Three Conversation approach, a model that re-emphasises focus on people, their strengths and the networks and community around them.
Our Social Workers do all they can to make the difference to local communities in Gloucestershire. Here are some of the benefits we offer in return for your hard work.
- Regular formal and informal support
- Safe, supportive and positive working environment with regular, robust supervision
- Transfer options after one year in post, allowing for continuous development of skills and knowledge in different Adult Social Care settings.
- Accredited post-qualified training opportunities, enabling you to develop your skills
- Personal licences to Adults CCINFORM
- Access to mandatory training and additional topical bi-annual workshops.
- Clear career progression pathways, to support you in progressing professionally and personally
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) that provides free, confidential, counselling and advice for employees, available 24 hours a day, online and by telephone.
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Gloucestershire Salary Sacrifice Green Car Scheme (T&C's apply)
- Links to employee networks such as Prism (LGBT+) network and the Young Employees Network.
- Annual leave up to 29.5 days after 5 years employment
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Staff discount scheme that offers access to great savings including discounts with major supermarket chains and high street retailers
Join us today:
Hopefully you are encouraged to join our teams as a Newly Qualified Social Worker; to apply for our ASYE programme click “Apply Online” today prior to applications closing on Sunday 1st August 2021 at midnight! You will also find links to the Job Profile and Guidance Notes below.
If you feel you need further advice or would like to chat about this opportunity, please email ASCrecruitment@gloucestershire.gov.uk to arrange a convenient time for a call back. Position is subject to an Adults Enhanced with Barred List DBS check.
All candidates will be contacted regarding interviews by Friday, 6th August 2021. Should your application be shortlisted, interviews will proceed virtually and you will be invited to an online assessment centre on the Thursday 12th and Friday 13th August 2021. Please ensure you are available on these dates prior to submitting your application.
Gloucestershire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people or vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We value diversity in our workforce and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
It is a legal requirement, under the Immigration Act 2016, that anyone appointed to a ‘customer facing role’ must be able to demonstrate an ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in fluent English.
Below you will also find links to the Job Profile and Guidance Notes. Click ‘Apply’ to continue.